Barca wins in Galicia

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca usually struggles at Balaidos, home of Celta Vigo, but last night saw a dominant display from Koeman's troops.

The Catalans were Without a win at Balaidos since 2015, but on their 2nd La Liga matchday they dominated from the start and swept aside Celta in the pouring rain to secure a second successive win.

Teenage prodigy, Ansu Fati, opened the scoring after 11 minutes, before an own goal from Lucas Olaza and a late third by Sergi Roberto wrapped up a comprehensive 3-0 win, despite the fact Barca played all of the second half with 10 men.

gettyimages-1228832451.jpg

Koeman:

"At the break we talked about the 4-4-1 system and the players have done a great job."

Koeman also added that Messi did a great job tonight: "Leo has worked a lot without the ball and he has been very important."

"We said to the referee that there were other fouls on the pitch. In the end, it's his decision and there is no need to discuss. I think it was a foul but I'm not sure if it was a yellow card.", added Koeman regarding the second yellow card that Lenglet received which brought his team down to 10 men.

"I'm proud of the team," coach Ronald Koeman said. "We played with discipline, even with a man down. I'm very happy."

"I'm not anyone to talk about what happened last season," Koeman said. "But from the first day, these players have shown a lot of hunger and a desire to bounce back."

Home of Barca Fans