Gini Wijnaldum

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
:wheelchair:

That's why I want Gini if Koeman can't give a fair chance to Pjanic.

Busquets will play a lot anyway. Gini is not a CDM. He's never played that position for Koeman in the Dutch NT.

If anything Gini would be the midfielder alongside Busquets as the B2B MF on paper. I'd be happy to start phasing Busquets out, but you don't do that by signing a bad fit as his replacement.

Last edited:

Porque

I think Nico will give some relief to Busquets. Profile is similar and seems to have the brain for the position. Pretty sure Koeman wants to give him a chance right now but the contract just isn't being signed. Giving me Mateu Morey vibes.

Completely logical to re-nego the deals of the old board. I'm willing to assume the old board offered way to much, with or without our financial restrictions.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A 3 year contract from yourselves has been offered to Gini. We're not wanting to offer more than 2 years. Which is a shame as Gini has been a mainstay for us for so long and been playing at such a high level.

He's suffered a bit this year but only because he's had to carry the midfield due to injuries to Thiago and Henderson plus with Fabinho having to play at centre back he has had no rest like he's had in previous seasons. So he's literally been running on fumes this past month or so and his game has suffered as a result.

Gini is hugely intelligent with the ball and without it too. If you guys do sign him then count your blessings.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If he is cheap we should buy him, only problem is what we do with pjanic :confused:

Cheap as in salary? As he's on a bosman. He's currently on 70k p/w and reports state he wanted 200k p/w and we offered around 120k p/w. Barca probably offered around 150k p/w which for 3 years is a steal because he'll constantly give you excellent consistency and service plus is the consumate professional.

vuji_31

We have Busqets,Pedri and De Jong as starters.

Ilaix as sub, Roberto also. Pjanic does not get time, Puig also.

Why would we need to bring 32 years old player to take time from Ilaix who can be complete midfielder in few years and world class level?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
We have Busqets,Pedri and De Jong as starters.

Ilaix as sub, Roberto also. Pjanic does not get time, Puig also.

Why would we need to bring 32 years old player to take time from Ilaix who can be complete midfielder in few years and world class level?

Because at this moment in time he's better than all 3 of your starters. I mean for sure he's the least talented....probably but talent alone is not enough :confused:

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Better than FDJ? I have to disagree with you.

Besides we would need to sell/loan out the likes of Pjanic before we even think of bringing someone like Gini

See my edited post. FDJ definitely more talented but at this time is not better. From what I've seen of his time at Barca which to be clear isn't a lot.

Catta

A 3-year deal is to long for him. Barca should offer players over 30, max a 2-year contract.

kattanib

Where you go? I dont know 🤷*♂️
Come to papi and say hello 👋
My lovely Barca wanna play with you 🤸*♀️

Home of Barca Fans