Gini Wijnaldum

CatalinR10

Taken from the official PSG website.

"Wijnaldum has signed for PSG until the year 2024 and will be earning double what FC Barcelona offered"

Siiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuu

2f1cca40774f16720b3fbfb6a5060d45_crop_north.jpg

FC433

A little bit upset because he was going to add something we needed for a reasonable cost. I doubt we could find an alternative for the same price. And, of course, it is never okay to be rejected :lol:

But I am also happy we did not raise our offer. I think he made the right decision (not sure that PSG needed him though). Ambitious club, lovely city, and he is going to be well paid there. Cannot ask for more, honestly.

Gari

Wijnaldum: "Just before the league ended, Bar?a became very concrete and serious. I thought I was going there too, and my agents went there. There were so many meetings. I admit that I will earn more money at PSG, but this choice wasn’t only about money."

CatalinR10

Wijnaldum: "Just before the league ended, Bar?a became very concrete and serious. I thought I was going there too, and my agents went there. There were so many meetings. I admit that I will earn more money at PSG, but this choice wasn’t only about money."

sure dude LMAO

serghei

I will earn more money lol, like double. :lol:

I like how nearly every PSG signing feels the need to immediately say it's not only about money.

JamDav1982

Fair comment from him and acknowleding that money played a part in decision is more than most do when would try to claim all about project only.

More money and no real reason for Barca to have any advantage when it is down to project anyway.

Win win. Far more money and realistically better project for next x3 years.

Add to that Barca not getting deal done and trying to replace coach that wants you. Easy in end most likely.

FinBarcelonafan

Fair comment from him and acknowleding that money played a part in decision is more than most do when would try to claim all about project only.

More money and no real reason for Barca to have any advantage when it is down to project anyway.

Add to that Barca not getting deal done and trying to replace coach that wants you. Easy in end most likely.

Exaxctly. It's a combination. He probably sees PSG as a stronger team + more money + Paris is nice city to be dirty rich.

serghei

Doesn't PSG have Verratti and Paredes though? If they play 4-2-3-1 I doubt Wijnaldum plays ahead of either. At Barca, with Koeman as manager he's probably a clear starter.

Plus the bigger more prestigious club by a mile.

In the end, money were too good to pass. On similar money, we sign him for sure imo.

jairzinho

Wijnaldum: "Just before the league ended, Bar?a became very concrete and serious. I thought I was going there too, and my agents went there. There were so many meetings. I admit that I will earn more money at PSG, but this choice wasn?t only about money."

We lost him when Laporta was twiddling his thumbs for a couple weeks. Guess that's when he tried to beg Pep to come back. That's when psg swooped in.

jairzinho

Doesn't PSG have Verratti and Paredes though? If they play 4-2-3-1 I doubt Wijnaldum plays ahead of either. At Barca, with Koeman as manager he's probably a clear starter.

In the end, money were too good to pass. On similar money, we sign him for sure imo.

That's the next thing. They already have so many players in that position, what's the point getting him.

JamDav1982

Will see how much he plays but prestigious club doesnt mean nearly as much as is made out.

More money, better chance of medals and another CL and will back himself to get in the team regularly.

While that club come in. Dont fuck about and get job done. Compared to Barca who haggle for months and probably questions if club want him or coach does and the coach they have tried to replace.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans