Gini Wijnaldum

serghei

Too bad we don't have money, because Koeman would build a squad tailor made for BBZ's taste in football.

JamDav1982

Wijnaaldum is excellent as an offensive player with Griezmann up top. Griezmann is not that different to Firmino. And when Firmino vacated the no9 spot to participate in combinations on the sides or lower, guess who appeared in the box to score clutch goals. Wijnaldum.

Liverpool who have TAA and Robertson putting the ball into box while Barca have Semedo and Alba... two defenders that barely look like footballers when trying to cross a ball other than Alba and cut backs.

Roberto will probably end up RB again if no transfers made.

serghei

Liverpool who have TAA and Robertson putting the ball into box while Barca have Semedo and Alba... two defenders that barely look like footballers when trying to cross a ball other than Alba and cut backs.

Roberto will probably end up RB again if no transfers made.

Alba is a pretty good crosser.

JamDav1982

Alba is a pretty good crosser.

Alba cannot cross from deep or whip balls in the way top full backs do. More gets into final third and can cut ball back or find a pass.

Neither of them can whip in balls from all angles like Liverpool do.

Atrocious level of full backs on the ball for a top club. In a position so important for team shape and variety in attack.

Calidad

Can?t say anyone in the Liverpool MF excites me. At a push, I?d take Fabinho who could bring a bit of balance to the midfield. If Wijnaldum comes, I?d obviously wish him well, but they?ll be a strong degree of irony if Liverpool replace (upgrade) him with Thiago.

Last edited:

serghei

Thiago and Wijnaaldum are the same tier of quality for me. Both are among the best midfielders in Europe in the last 2 years or so. Thiago is better at passing and orchestrating the game from deep, Wijnaaldum is more clutch and has more goalscoring ability. And is better defensively.

Calidad

Thiago and Wijnaaldum are the same tier of quality for me. Both are among the best midfielders in Europe in the last 2 years or so. Thiago is better at passing and orchestrating the game from deep, Wijnaaldum is more clutch and has more goalscoring ability. And is better defensively.

Maybe I?m not giving him the credit her deserves, but he definitely doesn?t excite me. Another concern is that he is yet another player about to hit 30, and unlike Thiago a lot of his game is based around his athleticism and running.

BBZ8800

Can?t say anyone in the Liverpool MF excites me. At a push, I?d take Fabinho who could bring a bit of balance to the midfield. If Wijnaldum comes, I?d obviously wish him well, but they?ll be a strong degree of irony if Liverpool replace (upgrade) him with Thiago.

Liverpool will probably lose some of balance with Thiago instead of Wijnaldum.

Not to mention chemistry.
Even if Thiago is equal to Wijnaldum, it will take some time until a midfield with him will play as good as midfield with Wijnaldum.

mc_lovin

I seriously doubt the price tag of 15-20ME. Would be too good to be true.

And given the choice I would definitely take him over Thiago (whos probably on twice the wages as well). Frenkie as a pivot needs someone like him. And unlike van de Beek hes much more flexible, which is hopefully good news for Puig.

Devils

I seriously doubt the price tag of 15-20ME. Would be too good to be true.

And given the choice I would definitely take him over Thiago (whos probably on twice the wages as well). Frenkie as a pivot needs someone like him. And unlike van de Beek hes much more flexible, which is hopefully good news for Puig.

It's no different than Thiago going from 25-30m because he's on the last year of his contract.

Barca will probably land Gini for around 20m which would be excellent business when you think about.

Arthur (lol) = Pjanic + Wijnaldum

Home of Barca Fans