Gini Wijnaldum

Horatio

You're welcome
Gini is workhorse dawgs. The kind you all like. Also much more speed than Raki or Busquets. Also has scoring capabilities. Could definitely play here a season or 2/3.

Bonus non-pussy mentality. Already has understanding with Frenkie.

Andresito

Staff member
Gini is workhorse dawgs. The kind you all like. Also much more speed than Raki or Busquets. Also has scoring capabilities. Could definitely play here a season or 2/3.

Bonus non-pussy mentality. Already has understanding with Frenkie.

The non-cunty version of Vidal without showing any signs of decline before coming here.

Catta

[tw]1366801796509945857[/tw]

With those demands, we should look elsewhere for a new midfielder.

xxxxxx

[tw]1366801796509945857[/tw]

With those demands, we should look elsewhere for a new midfielder.

If that's the case, we're not signing him. We're looking to reduce the wage bill and not add to it. We probably could only afford to give him 100k a week in any case.

I don't blame him for wanting one last big payday. He's 31 this year and this will be his last big contract with a team.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I like him a lot as a player, but 30/31 should be a red flag. Just go with Ilaix as box to box and look for a real DM if possible.

Joan

Alaba is not old, he's 28, will be 29 in the summer. You need players close to their prime years. Depay is 27. The age is not the problem with those two.

I'd pass on Aguero and Wijnaldum.

Messi983

I'd pass on Aguero too. Unless we also get Haaland and Aguero would be his backup (preferably on a 1+1 year contract) but that's unlikely. Alternatively, if we'll sign a youngster like Malen who could (hopefully) eventually take over as our future striker then I also wouldn't be totally against signing Aguero until he's adapting. But having Kun as our only #9 (and so probably a guaranteed starter) I'm not a big fan of.

I'd take Wijnaldum if he accepts a 3-year contract at most (2+1 would be even better) on reasonable wages. Yeah, we have Ilaix but do we really want to have two kids younger than 20 as our starters alongside FDJ who is also still relatively young (he still has some things to improve on but he'll be 24 in two months so he might enter his prime years relatively soon)?

If Messi leaves and we'll have a full rebuild season next year then maybe but if he stays and we want to be competitive (which is what I think Laporta wants) then I don't think that's really a good idea. FDJ-Pedri-Ilaix midfield could be great in 2-3 years but next season might be too soon for Ilaix. If he's ready to take over as a starter and he'll show that (like Pedri did) then great but we shouldn't rush and possibly ruin him.

Probably the only alternative to Wijnaldum is keeping Busi as a starter for another season. I prefer Gini whose legs are not totally gone. My plan would be having Wijnaldum as a starter next year with Ilaix coming on as his sub (he could also play in the Pedri role imo so there would be enough minutes for him) then if Ilaix will develop as expected they could share their minutes around 50-50 a year after and in third season Ilaix takes over as a starter and Wijnaldum becomes an impact sub (or if age will catch up with him we could just let him go for cheap like we did with Vidal).

A midfield like Pedri/Roberto - FDJ/Busi - Wijnaldum/Ilaix wouldn't be too bad imo (I'd prefer to keep Pjanić as a backup over Busi but that's just me and probably not the right thread to discuss this). We'd have a younger and a more experienced player in every position but in opposite to the EV years now we already have two youngsters who are fully established so I think pairing them with someone more experienced would make sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Struggling to see why we should sign a soon-to-be 31 year old player dependent on his physical attributes for a high salary and long contract. Won't be long before he loses or at least should lose his NT spot to Gravenberch.

He's not going to come Barca for a discount salary and short 2-3 year contract.

Smells like Arda Turan all over again. A player who will lose all his juice soon.

mc_lovin

We have no clear cut starting position for him in midfield. Thats my biggest problem, otherwise I would be all over him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah. I was pro-Wijnaldum but not as enthusiastic about him now. Happy with the MF players we have.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't mind him if it's a 2 year contract with an optional one year and on decent wages.

But the reason he's not renewed with Liverpool is because he want much higher wages and a fairly long 4-5 year contract.

Home of Barca Fans