Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gini Wijnaldum

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gini Wijnaldum

I haven't seen a thread for him, so if there is one then please merge it.

So just creating this thread because the rumours of Gini to Barca is growing and with him only having 12 months left on his contract and Koeman definitely wanting him it seems this has legs to it.

I'll be waxing lyrical about him to you should he sign for you because for me he is one of the most under appreciated midfielders in the game today and because he doesn't score or assist in droves like other midfielders he often isn't as rated as those players. But he does do both and in important games as you know. However that isn't his primary function in the team.

I'm gutted if we lose him and if he does sign with you guys and some of you think he's an ordinary player then expect an essay from me explaining football to you
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not believe there is one. Thank you for the thread.

He is a good CM for the right price. Barca needs to stop looking for a quick solution, and start looking for long-term players. Paulinho and Vidal were great players in some games, but overall? just all right. We could have done better.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goal scoring midfielder, i will take that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh i don't see why he would leave well sorted and competitive club like liverpool and join us. our reputation is pretty much non existent with all this shit going on last couple of weeks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many have criticized the Arthur - Rakitic exchange, but slowly the circle is coming full circle.
    In reality we have replaced
    - Arthur with Puig,
    - Rakitic with Pjanic.
    If you now replace Vidal with Wijnaldum, you have successfully rejuvenated the squad (on average) in some places and at the same time reduced costs. The fact that Wijnaldum is offered a three-year contract at least shows that they have learned from the past (if the source is reliable).

In my opinion, what the team was missing were players of what is known as the "best football age". You had a lot of players over 30 and many who were young and inexperienced. Of course, I would prefer players aged 27 or 28, but they cost a lot of money.

The fact that Frenkie and Wijnaldum already know each other from the national team and play together successfully in a comparable system can only be an advantage in the upcoming change in midfield.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    Many have criticized the Arthur - Rakitic exchange, but slowly the circle is coming full circle.
    - Arthur with Puig,
    - Rakitic with Pjanic.
    If you now replace Vidal with Wijnaldum, you have successfully rejuvenated the squad (on average) in some places and at the same time reduced costs. The fact that Wijnaldum is offered a three-year contract at least shows that they have learned from the past (if the source is reliable).

In my opinion, what the team was missing were players of what is known as the "best football age". You had a lot of players over 30 and many who were young and inexperienced. Of course, I would prefer players aged 27 or 28, but they cost a lot of money.

The fact that Frenkie and Wijnaldum already know each other from the national team and play together successfully in a comparable system can only be an advantage in the upcoming change in midfield.
    Yep. That’s not a bad upgrade at all.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very anti barca player but at least he is physical and works hard, for 30m would take it

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    - Arthur with Puig,
    - Rakitic with Pjanic.

Agreed.

And at the same time Pjanic and Wijnaldum can also be a bridge gap until Pedri and/or Ilaix are ready. The same for Coutinho and Puig. Have experienced players to take pressure of the youngsters (and at least be somewhat competitive during the rebuild) but also give those enough playing time to develop and let them take over once they prove to be ready. I'm ok if this is our plan but we'll see how things will work out in a few years.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [@MikeVerweij] | Ronald Koeman sets his sights on Wijnaldum at Barcelona. Wijnaldum could be be Koeman's first signing as Bar?a coach.

Stunning.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be a good signing I think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will not change much.

Our biggest problem is replacing Messi and Suarez

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least there will be energy and work rate with him. Also less chances of Busquets playing at all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    At least there will be energy and work rate with him. Also less chances of Busquets playing at all.
    Busi not playing is a positive!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wijnaldum rejected two-year deal from LFC and wants to go to FCB for a three-year + 1 deal.