Gini Wijnaldum

AjaxAmsterdam

I know he might seem underwhelming but for me personally hes exactly who I would want in this barca team since he enables Frenkie to play his game.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
1) There is no single indication Liverpool want to sell him. If you read the Liverpool reporters you will see that.
Some rumors are spread quite extensively and rapidly by the rumor mill.
Same with Liverpool wanting Thiago. Read the Liverpool reporters: Thiago is not an active target at the moment.
It's clear that the rumor mill wants to involve Liverpool, when most likely they will not get involved in any major transfer (in or out) this summer.
Koeman maybe likes him, but that's all. Far from happening

2) Koeman wants to play 4-2-3-1, but I don't think he will emulate exactly the Netherlands NT 's personnel in the 4-2-3-1, given that Griezman will most likely play in the center of the 3.
Lautaro will get bought, that's almost certain unless vote of no confidence removes Barto before it happens.

Liverpool reporters since the VVD saga in the summer of 2017 don't get the same info leaked to them as before. We don't leak as much information now so they have less to report on. Thiago is an active target and as I stated we don't leak as much info as we've done before 2017 but look at the differences in the articles/tweets in the past month or so from stating we have no money and there will be no signings to stating we have interest but depends on outgoings. So the narrative changes. We definitely want Thiago but at the same time we need to sell a couple of fringe players first and added to that we need to keep the quota of foreign to homegrown players allowed in the squad. I'm not saying we're definitely signing Thiago as he won't wait for us for ever so if time runs out he'll go elsewhere.

With Gini and this is what i've heard is that we're being ruthless in that if he doesn't sign then we want to cash in on him rather than letting him go for free. Personally with the hectic season ahead I think that is an unwise choice and I'd let him join you guys for free next year to get another year from him this year.

I'll be sad if he leaves but understandable he if wants one last big payday before he hits his mid 30s and also wanting to start a fresh project (Man I hate that word in relation to football) elsewhere.

Xaviniesta

Eg_hjxxWkAAbnLQ

serghei

Both Thiago and Wijnaldum are needed, and would complement each other very well. I'd add both if it was possible and tell Pjanic to go back to Juve. :lol:

Thiago - De Jong - Wijnaldum would have a strong case of being the best midfield in the world.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Thiago isn't the profile we need...not with Frankie.

We don't need a no. 8 capable of progressing the ball through dribbling; capable of supplying chances through lobs, through passes and crosses; great work rate off the ball; capable of finishing' capable of retaining possession; capable of regaining possession through pressing and tackling? We don't need a player like that? I'm sorry, I was unaware that we had a mobile, progressive, and creative midfield.

Home of Barca Fans