What would Messi cost?

What would Messi cost?

• Total voters

Alik

Considering that:

1. There is a possibility Messi might leave even this season.
2. Contract expires in 2021.
3. A lot of fans would like him to leave (tactical headache, off-field issues, politcs etc etc.)
4. He's 33 years old, coming off a poor season.
5. He's the biggest legend of this club.
6. He is the GOAT.
7. He is perhaps the most marketable player in the world. But he is also the highest paid player in the world.

What would you sell Messi for?

JohnN

I don't think selling Messi will do us any good in any way this season.

- First of, you can't sell Messi for under 100m, it's bad business.
- Then, that money would be available to BARTO to spend. Let's avoid that.
- We would have sold out our best player ever, even if he has one more year and is 33, with no actual reconstruction plan in mind.
- Our relations with Messi would be broken.

All that, if he wants to stay this season. If he doesn't, it's a different story.

My personal "best case scenario" for Barca, is to keep Messi for this last season, so we remain competitive while we replace our veterans. This should have been done at least a season earlier.

JamDav1982

If Messi wants to leave then selling him for 100m is not bad business.

Barca be better off having the additional 180m for one season than Messi and starting to rebuild now rather than wait a year.

JohnN

If Messi wants to leave then selling him for 100m is not bad business.

Barca be better off having the additional 180m for one season than Messi and starting to rebuild now rather than wait a year.

I already said if he wants to leave, it's a different situation. I agree with the above.
Only problem is 180m would be available to barto - who could arguably go and buy Neymar and offer him a 5 year contract.

malvolio

People don't realize what losing Messi would mean for the board and league. They will be scrambling with 200M bids for the best players on the planet.

And if Messi wants to leave, as in "fuck it, i'm done with saving these idiots. i'll not play a single minute here" then it's not much the board can do. They wouldn't want to keep a player who openly doesn't want to be here and will sell for something between 100 and 200 mil.

FCBfan22

If somebody comes with 300 million and Leo wants to leave, then we can talk. If City comes, I would tell them that they can have him for 80 million plus Kevin De Bruyne.

Otherwise selling him at this point is stupid.

Last edited:

snowy

TukTuk's reaction when asked :trampoline:

PSG would be ridiculously stacked. Their only challenge would be the CL. Too boring for Leo.

If he goes, more than City, would LOVE to see him at Chelsea! Posh location for Anto. Good schools for the kids Leo dancing the blues, crushing it in the PL and bringing Big Ears to Stamford B.

Operation Cafe Tolstoi :redbeard: Stuff of Legends!

BarcaOG

Banned

PSG would be ridiculously stacked. Their only challenge would be the CL and Leo.

If he goes, more than City, would LOVE to see him at Chelsea! Posh location for Anto. Good schools for the kids Leo dancing the blues, crushing it in the PL and bringing Big Ears to Stamford B.

meh. psg would need to make a few more defensive signings. top heavy teams without solid defensive foundations never win the CL. United had CR up front but rio and vidic in the back...we had messi/etoo/henry but also puyol, a (much better) pique, alves...inter had milito and etoo but also a super tough defence...bayern has had a very solid defence and midfield both in 2013 and 2020...2015 barca also had a solid defence in addition to MSN...real madrid had CR up front but a very solid ramos and varane duo at the back

PSG has improved its defence a lot this season but not enough to push them to the next level. messi wouldnt fix that for the same reason that despite having him barca always suffers--our defence is crap

Neymessi

PSG would be ridiculously stacked. Their only challenge would be the CL. Too boring for Leo.

Inb4 Neymar Messi swap rumours start :lol:

Jadentheman

Chelsea is trying to rebuild with a young team. Could be good for Leo and if he goes, he's the instant main man. But I don't want him sucking the space for a few potential talents currently present there. Nor do I want him to ruin Chelsea's plan for a better defense.

EDIT: It would also continue the trend of Chelsea taking Barcelona's leftovers.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's the wages rather than the actual fee that would be the issue...........if he wanted to leave or were to be available.

Home of Barca Fans