User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80

Thread: 2020/21 squad

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,646
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Ok, so in your opinion, Dembele - Griezman - Trincao won't be faster and better on the counter, than Messi and Suarez. Won't press more, won't move more, won't work more off the ball.
    Counting Dembele at this point is a joke.
    Griezmann has been here and never added quickness,neither RM or Bayern respected his speed when he was he was here.
    Trincao has fitness problems iirc, and he is average at best speed wise. Same with Fati/Coutinho
    Again, seems like wishful thinking,. But hi, this is what this thread is for.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,187
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Counting Dembele at this point is a joke.
    Griezmann has been here and never added quickness,neither RM or Bayern respected his speed when he was he was here.
    Trincao has fitness problems iirc, and he is average at best speed wise. Same with Fati/Coutinho
    Again, seems like wishful thinking,. But hi, this is what this thread is for.
    Seems to me like you're in denial about the current fitness level of the team. Even if the new trio is not the fastest, a 7/10 is still much better than the 2/10 we have now in terms of mobility and speed.

    Let's see if in CL teams will outrun us by 15 km after we cut a good portion of the veterans.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madrid may have even found a buyer for James in Everton. Talk of 25 million

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,646
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Seems to me like you're in denial about the current fitness level of the team. Even if the new trio is not the fastest, a 7/10 is still much better than the 2/10 we have now in terms of mobility and speed.

    Let's see if in CL teams will outrun us by 15 km after we cut a good portion of the veterans.
    If any one lacks awareness it isn't me, you replace our old players with players who are injury prone, not goal scoring threat, and even not 5/10 in terms of speed and effort? And expect us it will be improvement because other players are slower? delusional to say at least.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    12,924
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    If any one lacks awareness it isn't me, you replace our old players with players who are injury prone, not goal scoring threat, and even not 5/10 in terms of speed and effort? And expect us it will be improvement because other players are slower? delusional to say at least.
    To be honest, after Coutinhos Bayern transformation, he looks the fittest Barca player.

    At least now we can start normal exercising for the players again because Messi and Suarez are gone. No more pampering old players and saving their legs.

    Messi and Suarez leaving the biggest positive is the fresh legs and new work rate this team will have.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    MagIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,878
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    If any one lacks awareness it isn't me, you replace our old players with players who are injury prone, not goal scoring threat, and even not 5/10 in terms of speed and effort? And expect us it will be improvement because other players are slower? delusional to say at least.
    What we have to do ? these are the players available: Dembele Griezmann Coutinho in front. We bought them for almost 400mio, therefore they will be starters (i guess).
    For sure more workrate (run, km, defend, attack,...).
    Let's see if they will perform for 400mio.
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

  7. #37
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagIX View Post
    What we have to do ? these are the players available: Dembele Griezmann Coutinho in front. We bought them for almost 400mio, therefore they will be starters (i guess).
    For sure more workrate (run, km, defend, attack,...).
    Let's see if they will perform for 400mio.
    Crazy to think that except Griezmann, the other twos were what fans always wanted back in 2017.

    Things just go wrong on so many levels

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,033
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Crazy to think that except Griezmann, the other twos were what fans always wanted back in 2017.

    Things just go wrong on so many levels
    I took a break in 2017 and don't really have an opinion about what the fans wanted or not.
    But I am pretty sure they didn't want us to splash 300m on two players.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    FC433's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,822
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Love it; however, Alba and Pique must be replaced. Thoughts?

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,869
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FC433 View Post
    Love it; however, Alba and Pique must be replaced. Thoughts?
    Not sure how well Messi and Griezmann will do upfront together, but it's better than Messi and Suarez together in the big games.

    Pique is still our best CB on his day, but we should really phase in Araujo as much as possible.

    Alba also is still our best LB unless we sign a competent LB.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    15,125
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    switch Messi with Griezmann
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,887
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post
    switch Messi with Griezmann
    I agree

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    FC433's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,822
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    That would cost us at least 130m. Not realistic, unfortunately.
    Dest 25m?
    Upamecano 50m? might not even be available.
    Thiago 30m?
    Depay 25m?

    Semedo 30m? and maybe Raifinha 15m? that is only 45m, at best.

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,869
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depay sucks as a LW. Only buy him for the ST.

    I'd rather play Coutinho at LW in a 4-2-3-1 (he did well in the 2nd half of the 17/18 season in that position).

    I have no confidence in Firpo, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

    The rest I'm ok with although it's never going to happen.

    It's selling the players that we have to focus on.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,869
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what I've seen on the friendly vs Nastic, I'm guessing this will be the squad in the position they'll play in (Also added their age for the coming season)

    GK: MATS (28-29), Neto (31), Pe?a (21-22)

    RB: Bob (28-29), Semedo (26-27)
    CB: Pique (33-34), Lenglet (25), Araujo (21-22), Umtiti (26-27)
    LB: Alba (31-32), Junior (24)

    CDM: DJ (23), Pjanic (30-31), Busi (32), Puig (21), Ale?a (22-23)

    RW: Dembele (23), Trincao (20-21)
    AM: Messi (33), Pedri (17-18)
    LW: Fati (17-18), Coutinho (28)

    CF: Griezmann (29-30), Braithwaite (29)


    Predicted Lineup (4-2-3-1):
    MATS---Bob, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Pjanic, DJ---Dembele, Messi, Fati---Griezmann
    Subs: Neto, Semedo, Araujo, Busi, Puig, Coutinho/Pedri, Trincao


    -Since he's not leaving, Busi should really be 5th choice so both Puig and Ale?a gets more playing time.
    -Signing a competent RB and LB should be our main priority imo.
    -Pique should be phased out this season for Araujo.
    -Hope Koeman uses all the 5 sub rule to give playing time to young players.