2020/21 squad

khaled_a_d

Ok, so in your opinion, Dembele - Griezman - Trincao won't be faster and better on the counter, than Messi and Suarez. Won't press more, won't move more, won't work more off the ball.

Counting Dembele at this point is a joke.
Griezmann has been here and never added quickness,neither RM or Bayern respected his speed when he was he was here.
Trincao has fitness problems iirc, and he is average at best speed wise. Same with Fati/Coutinho
Again, seems like wishful thinking,. But hi, this is what this thread is for.

serghei

Counting Dembele at this point is a joke.
Griezmann has been here and never added quickness,neither RM or Bayern respected his speed when he was he was here.
Trincao has fitness problems iirc, and he is average at best speed wise. Same with Fati/Coutinho
Again, seems like wishful thinking,. But hi, this is what this thread is for.

Seems to me like you're in denial about the current fitness level of the team. Even if the new trio is not the fastest, a 7/10 is still much better than the 2/10 we have now in terms of mobility and speed.

Let's see if in CL teams will outrun us by 15 km after we cut a good portion of the veterans.

khaled_a_d

Seems to me like you're in denial about the current fitness level of the team. Even if the new trio is not the fastest, a 7/10 is still much better than the 2/10 we have now in terms of mobility and speed.

Let's see if in CL teams will outrun us by 15 km after we cut a good portion of the veterans.

If any one lacks awareness it isn't me, you replace our old players with players who are injury prone, not goal scoring threat, and even not 5/10 in terms of speed and effort? And expect us it will be improvement because other players are slower? delusional to say at least.

FinBarcelonafan

If any one lacks awareness it isn't me, you replace our old players with players who are injury prone, not goal scoring threat, and even not 5/10 in terms of speed and effort? And expect us it will be improvement because other players are slower? delusional to say at least.

To be honest, after Coutinhos Bayern transformation, he looks the fittest Barca player.

At least now we can start normal exercising for the players again because Messi and Suarez are gone. No more pampering old players and saving their legs.

Messi and Suarez leaving the biggest positive is the fresh legs and new work rate this team will have.

MagIX

What we have to do ? these are the players available: Dembele Griezmann Coutinho in front. We bought them for almost 400mio, therefore they will be starters (i guess).
For sure more workrate (run, km, defend, attack,...).
Let's see if they will perform for 400mio.

vegitot

What we have to do ? these are the players available: Dembele Griezmann Coutinho in front. We bought them for almost 400mio, therefore they will be starters (i guess).
For sure more workrate (run, km, defend, attack,...).
Let's see if they will perform for 400mio.

Crazy to think that except Griezmann, the other twos were what fans always wanted back in 2017.

Things just go wrong on so many levels

JohnN

Crazy to think that except Griezmann, the other twos were what fans always wanted back in 2017.

Things just go wrong on so many levels

I took a break in 2017 and don't really have an opinion about what the fans wanted or not.
But I am pretty sure they didn't want us to splash 300m on two players.

soul24rage

Love it; however, Alba and Pique must be replaced. Thoughts?

Not sure how well Messi and Griezmann will do upfront together, but it's better than Messi and Suarez together in the big games.

Pique is still our best CB on his day, but we should really phase in Araujo as much as possible.

Alba also is still our best LB unless we sign a competent LB.

FC433

That would cost us at least 130m. Not realistic, unfortunately.
Dest 25m?
Upamecano 50m? might not even be available.
Thiago 30m?
Depay 25m?

Semedo 30m? and maybe Raifinha 15m? that is only 45m, at best.

soul24rage

Depay sucks as a LW. Only buy him for the ST.

I'd rather play Coutinho at LW in a 4-2-3-1 (he did well in the 2nd half of the 17/18 season in that position).

I have no confidence in Firpo, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

The rest I'm ok with although it's never going to happen.

It's selling the players that we have to focus on.

soul24rage

Based on what I've seen on the friendly vs Nastic, I'm guessing this will be the squad in the position they'll play in (Also added their age for the coming season)

GK: MATS (28-29), Neto (31), Pe?a (21-22)

RB: Bob (28-29), Semedo (26-27)
CB: Pique (33-34), Lenglet (25), Araujo (21-22), Umtiti (26-27)
LB: Alba (31-32), Junior (24)

CDM: DJ (23), Pjanic (30-31), Busi (32), Puig (21), Ale?a (22-23)

RW: Dembele (23), Trincao (20-21)
AM: Messi (33), Pedri (17-18)
LW: Fati (17-18), Coutinho (28)

CF: Griezmann (29-30), Braithwaite (29)

Predicted Lineup (4-2-3-1):
MATS---Bob, Pique, Lenglet, Alba---Pjanic, DJ---Dembele, Messi, Fati---Griezmann
Subs: Neto, Semedo, Araujo, Busi, Puig, Coutinho/Pedri, Trincao

-Since he's not leaving, Busi should really be 5th choice so both Puig and Ale?a gets more playing time.
-Signing a competent RB and LB should be our main priority imo.
-Pique should be phased out this season for Araujo.
-Hope Koeman uses all the 5 sub rule to give playing time to young players.

Home of Barca Fans