User Tag List

Thread: All time Milan XI and how Barca's fares in comparison

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All time Milan XI and how Barca's fares in comparison

With all the gloom and doom (much of it rightful) about our club, I got to thinking of another European giant.

Here's Milan's best XI (all time) based on playing strength in the years a player actually played for their club. That means, for example, R9 is only available for use if R9's Milan level is up to par. We can't take his Barca/Inter/Brazil level.

Dida / Maldini - Baresi - Nesta - Cafu / Rijkaard - Pirlo - Seedorf - Kaka / Van Basten Gullit

Do you think we have an XI that can beat this team and if so, please post.

I'll probably make one of RM and Bayern soon. I think Milan has the strongest one so I started here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely not Dida in goal?

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Surely not Dida in goal?
    Was a toss up between him and Rossi for me. I went with the one with more European cup wins.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    With all the gloom and doom (much of it rightful) about our club, I got to thinking of another European giant.

Here's Milan's best XI (all time) based on playing strength in the years a player actually played for their club. That means, for example, R9 is only available for use if R9's Milan level is up to par. We can't take his Barca/Inter/Brazil level.

Dida / Maldini - Baresi - Nesta - Cafu / Rijkaard - Pirlo - Seedorf - Kaka / Van Basten Gullit

I'll probably make one of RM and Bayern soon. I think Milan has the strongest one so I started here.
    We do. Pep's team, upgraded with peak Ronaldinho on the left and peak Eto'o as 9, with Messi on the right wing. Or even MSN Barca with peak Xavi and Iniesta controlling the game and providing them elite service.

Too much firepower in offense, and too much control and technique in midfield.

Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a team.

Valdes / Alves - Puyol - Pique - Abidal / Xavi - Busi - Iniesta / Ronaldinho - Eto’o - Messi

Like Serghei said.. could swap those forwards out for peak MSN. Shittttt. Imagine our 2011 midfield with 2014/15 MSN. Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca team because they are more suited for modern game than that Milan teams

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    What a team.

Valdes / Alves - Puyol - Pique - Abidal / Xavi - Busi - Iniesta / Ronaldinho - Eto’o - Messi
    Maybe Ronaldo instead of Eto'o.
    I'd still take Alba over Abidal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Maybe Ronaldo instead of Eto'o.
    I'd still take Alba over Abidal.
    Good shout about Ronaldo, I think his season at Barca is considered to be in his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    What a team.

Like Serghei said.. could swap those forwards out for peak MSN. Shittttt. Imagine our 2011 midfield with 2014/15 MSN. Ridiculous.
    It's almost Barca from 2007/2008 only without Alves and Busi, but with Henry and Deco. And that team finished 3rd in La Liga... We had at the same time Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi and Henry in 2007/2008.

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely throughout Barca's history there has been a better GK , LB , and potentially a DM.
    Maybe you guys dont believe me but even with 72 years I have a body from a 39 years old man, in my mind I am 22. When people try to guess my age they say 35 , 40 or something. Last week a girl said 29!!!.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan Puyol View Post
    It's almost Barca from 2007/2008 only without Alves and Busi, but with Henry and Deco. And that team finished 3rd in La Liga... We had at the same time Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi and Henry in 2007/2008.
    But those are players at peak years. Peak Ronaldinho never played with peak Messi. To have peak Ronaldinho and peak Messi on each side. That's monstrous.

And peak Xavi and Iniesta from Guardiola days.

Add a shout for Romario as well. One of the all time greatest no9s. Unbelievable skill in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by messi2140 View Post
    Surely throughout Barca's history there has been a better GK , LB , and potentially a DM.
    That's peak Busi from the days when he was breaking the legs of Madrid players.
    Last edited by serghei; 23rd August 2020 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan Puyol View Post
    As Serghei said it’s each players best year/version of themselves.... so Ronaldinho is obviously 05/06 version. And so on.

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you drunk?

This is Milan's best XI of all time IMO:-

GK:- Rossi
    RB:- Tassotti
    CB:- Baresi
    CB:- Nesta
    LB:- Maldini
    DM:- Rijkaard
    CM:- Rivera
    CM:- Seedorf
    AM:- Liedholm
    FD:- Nordahl
    FD:- Van Basten

Is there an XI who can beat this team? That is hard to quantify as that team is made up of players from certain eras. Certainly I do think XI's made up from Barca, Real, Bayern, Man Utd and Liverpool could definitely compete against that team and if they played 10 times would probably win between 4-6 times.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    Are you drunk?

This is Milan's best XI of all time IMO:-

GK:- Rossi
    RB:- Tassotti
    CB:- Baresi
    CB:- Nesta
    LB:- Maldini
    DM:- Rijkaard
    CM:- Rivera
    CM:- Seedorf
    AM:- Liedholm
    FD:- Nordahl
    FD:- Van Basten

Is there an XI who can beat this team? That is hard to quantify as that team is made up of players from certain eras. Certainly I do think XI's made up from Barca, Real, Bayern, Man Utd and Liverpool could definitely compete against that team and if they played 10 times would probably win between 4-6 times.
    I'm just spurring debate and an appreciation of past greats. I guess I should have added the qualifier that this was MY perception of Milan's best XI. I do think you give more weightage to the older eras, hence the difference in the lists.