Alfred Schreuder

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alfred Schreuder is new assistant to Barca manager Ronald Koeman

1591697551156-950x500.jpg

oficial-larsson-schreuder-ayudantes-koeman-1597999107211.jpg

Schreuder started his managerial career, immediately after his retirement, as assistant manager of Vitesse. In the summer of 2009 he signed with FC Twente to be assistant manager of Steve McClaren. After McClaren resigned his position on 26 February 2013, Schreuder was appointed interim manager.

However, in March 2013, the club officially appointed Michel Jansen as head coach and Schreuder as his assistant, because Schreuder was not yet appropriately licensed as a manager.[SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] This arrangement continued for the 2013?14 season, while Schreuder was studying for the UEFA Pro Licence, which he obtained in May 2014.

Subsequently, Schreuder was installed as manager of FC Twente, with Jansen as his assistant.
On 30 August 2015, Schreuder was sacked after winning one point in the first four matches of the 2015?16 season.

On 26 October 2015, Schreuder was appointed assistant manager of Huub Stevens at TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. After Stevens' resignation on 10 February 2016, he remained at the club as assistant of Julian Nagelsmann.

On 5 January 2018, it was announced that Ajax had reached an agreement with Hoffenheim to sign Schreuder as assistant of their new head coach Erik ten Hag.

In March 2019, it was announced that Schreuder would succeed Julian Nagelsmann as head coach of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim from 1 July 2019 after signing a contract until 2022. However he has been sacked by the club on 9 June 2020 since his form is not up to the expectations of the board .

As of August 2020, Schreuder joined FC Barcelona as assistant-manager under Ronald Koeman, both signing a 2-year deal with an escape-clause option after the first year.

fergus90

Be a big loss if he does decide to go there. He did actually replace Naglesmann as Hoffenheim's boss after they worked together there but didn't have the best time of it and was sacked after just one season.

Bobo32

Be a big loss if he does decide to go there. He did actually replace Naglesmann as Hoffenheim's boss after they worked together there but didn't have the best time of it and was sacked after just one season.

Sacked at Twente too according to OP.
Wonder if he has ambitions to be the main guy still...
Don't know if Koeman was able to give some instructions in the end or not, but the last game wasn't impressive by Barcelona, I wonder how it'll look against Atletico...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
His contract is probably beyond this summer so if buyern really wants him they would have to pay us a good fee, otherwise they can get the hell out.

Given how cheap Bayern is, they probably will not want to spend.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sacked at Twente too according to OP.
Wonder if he has ambitions to be the main guy still...
Don't know if Koeman was able to give some instructions in the end or not, but the last game wasn't impressive by Barcelona, I wonder how it'll look against Atletico...

Some people are better as assistants.

Look at Arteta. Looking like an absolute clown in Arsenal. He got his transfers yet they're worse off than they were under Emery.

fergus90

His contract is probably beyond this summer so if buyern really wants him they would have to pay us a good fee, otherwise they can get the hell out.

Given how cheap Bayern is, they probably will not want to spend.

Apparently there is an escape-clause in the contact after 1 season I’ve just read. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Porque

If Schreuder did leave then the best move we could make is bring in Xavi as assistant to eventually succeed Koeman.

Bobo32

If Schreuder did leave then the best move we could make is bring in Xavi as assistant to eventually succeed Koeman.

Maybe?
Initial thought on this is no, Xavi would lose credibility both in being second at all, but primarily in being second to Koeman. He could be second to someone else somewhere else, but arriving as second and then succeeding as the first manager with the same players would be tough, especially for a fresh manager.
I don't think he'd agree very much with Koeman and would find it tough to cooperate with him, and I don't think Koeman would want him there, either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think Xavi loses any credibility, but I have a tough time seeing Koeman wanting his replacement as his assistant and it's probably not fair to him either.

khaled_a_d

If anything, I would like a more experienced assistant actually.
Someone who will whisper into Koeman's ear that he should stop those clueless subs he makes in 2nd half

Home of Barca Fans