Alfred Schreuder

Nazario1985

Maybe?
Initial thought on this is no, Xavi would lose credibility both in being second at all, but primarily in being second to Koeman. He could be second to someone else somewhere else, but arriving as second and then succeeding as the first manager with the same players would be tough, especially for a fresh manager.
I don't think he'd agree very much with Koeman and would find it tough to cooperate with him, and I don't think Koeman would want him there, either.

Zidane accepted to make the B-Team pass and being assistant and we all know how it ended up.

Now is Xavi thinking about himself bigger than Zidane ? of course not he is not an idiot but for every man a unique experience.

Still not seing Xavi in Team-B is worrying.

I do agree that RK would not want him as he know the players will listen to Xavi and respect him more.

fun fact we once had the special one as an assistant manager :D

Messi983

There were quite a lot of rumours about Jordi Cruyff and less so about Henke Larsson and Sergi Barjuan to replace Koeman but if we'll go for an internal interim manager (I just don't see any available coach from the outside as a longterm solution so why even bring them in now and not wait until next summer when we could have better options?) I wonder if this guy wouldn't be the best possible choice. He had to learn something working under both Nagelsmann and Ten Hag.

Birdy

His press conference made much more sense than Keoman's pressas TBH

He should be the 1st team's coach if Koeman is fired mid-season.
And come summer, he can be Ten Haag's assistant as he were at Ajax when the duo led them to that amazing CL run

Horatio

You're welcome
Are people really buying into this Koeman effect? You do know that all decisions so far were made in conjunction with assistant and this game was no different.

Birdy

Are people really buying into this Koeman effect? You do know that all decisions so far were made in conjunction with assistant and this game was no different.

Yeah I know.
I have written tons of times here that the tactical setup has a big input from Schreuder.

I was talking more about the public image of the caoch.
To be fair, Koeman is pretty terrible at maintaining a diplomatic balance (you know I am not in KoemanOut camp)

khaled_a_d

I don't buy it at all, but tbf it is good for everyone when Koeman (and Laporta) are far away from the press

Home of Barca Fans