Premier League 2020/2021

Who will win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Morten

im not sure about that--how so, exactly? (is Mourinho part of the problem)

They create very few chances on average each game, they rely almost solely on two players to create something out of nothing.
What does that tell you? Lack of an attacking system.

Their pressing is also laughable, even when they try they dont press as a unit.

Both are down to Mourinho not being a very...modern coach.

BarcaOG

Banned
They create very few chances on average each game, they rely almost solely on two players to create something out of nothing.

I think that's fair. Certainly Mourinho is not blameless. But I do think the issue is to a considerable degree partly one of personnel (quality of players). They do rely on only Son and Kane--but who else would they, really? Pressing depends on your players as well. I.e. Bayern is great at pressing but they have some phenomenally athletic players who can do it.

That said, if the system can't function without certain players, then the coach should adapt and not the other way around. So I see your point :cheers:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Thats true but who is beside Kane and Son worldclass in their offense ? Bergwijn and Bale are ok but probably not good enough.

Birdy

Mourinho is absolutely to blame. Guy turns gold into shit with one touch.
He managed to transform Poch's high pressing team into a cagey defensive side that hopes to have the chance to play on the counter vs everyone, because they cannot attack otherwise.

Quality claims are far-fetched. Ndomeble and Lo Celso are quality in creating chances from deep, yet they are not used often. Winks is quality in ball retention and start buildup at 6, yet he is out of the team because Mou wants someone like Hojberg.

Interesting stat: he recorded the third lowest xG created this season vs Pool with 0.13, only behind West Brom (vs Villa with 0.02), and Palace (v City with 0.05)
Another badge...
Spurs are 10th by the way on the Xpoints table

He is outdated, and I dare to say he will never win something important again on the big scene (maybe a league not at top level, and that's about it)
Unless he manages NT, he has more chances there

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Don’t watch Arsenal much but what happened to Partey? Seems like a different player to when he was at Atletico.

PL fanboys will love that.

JamDav1982

City rotated and won without breaking much sweat.. bar a Fleck volley from distance at end.. never looked anything but in control.

Easy win with Burnley and Liverpool up in next two is just what they will have wanted.

Birdy

Don’t watch Arsenal much but what happened to Partey? Seems like a different player to when he was at Atletico.

PL fanboys will love that.

He can't cope with the pace and rhythm of the game in EPL.
Has happened to others as well...

LaLiga most difficult league to play LOL

Birdy

Most of what I’m seeing from him is unforced errors. How’s that the pace of PL?

I don't think his errors are unforced
Is he pressed as much upon receiving the ball as he was at Atleti? From all different directions?
He looks lost as everything is moving faster than what he is anticipating

Vilarrubi

I don't think his errors are unforced
Is he pressed as much upon receiving the ball as he was at Atleti? From all different directions?
He looks lost as everything is moving faster than what he is anticipating

Not sure about him specifically being pressed more or less. But saw this on twitter the other day:

EsxxxThW8AEiCcu

Home of Barca Fans