User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Koeman is new Barca manager

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    But how much of the recruitment and player sales involved him? I doubt they'd hand him that much responsibility
    It's always hard to say for certain but the football wasn't good either.

I'm just surprised by the appointment but then again with Messi it's debatable how much power a coach actually has at Barca.
    Follow me at Adversus@realAdversus

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversus View Post
    I'm just surprised by the appointment but then again with Messi it's debatable how much power a coach actually has at Barca.
    the whole chain is sick
    scouting doesn't work, transfers are a disaster (eg braithwaite), there has to be a concept of rebuilding the team and squad, what about la masia, coaching staff has been a disaster since enrique, ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversus View Post
    Pretty shocked at this decision. Koeman basically ruined my club and set them back decades. When he joined we had Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu and others. He sold all our good players, took another 300m from a once in a generation opportunity due to having a new owner and basically wasted it on a lot of players who didn't perform which we have then been unable to shift due to high wages.

I don't think there is one Everton fan who has a good word to say about him.

He came into the club with the same philosophy of requiring the players to work hard. I honestly never saw any difference between their workrate of the players under him and Martinez but it wouldn't surprise me if he secretly didn't want Messi to stay.
    Maybe he wasn't very secret at all.
    Follow me at Adversus@realAdversus

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Everton have been dross before Koeman and after Koeman, shit sporting direction.
    DejaVu. Welcome to Barca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Everton have been dross before Koeman and after Koeman, shit sporting direction.
    So he can't drive a change under challenging conditions ?

He had Lukaku & Rooney fgs

What about Southampton ?

At valencia ? with one a hell of squad he broke the record of the lowest win rate for a valencia manager ever (20% win rate ) getting them nearly relegated.

Even in a weak dutch competition Louis van Gaal handled him the CHAMPIONS squad and by the best team in their league after leaving for Bayern, result ? he was sacked mid season loosing 8 games out of 16 !!

He can do all the talks he wants 'oh I'm tuff ' ' i want player to work harder' and all that gibberish, he never proved himself as a club manager and need to do it NOW with us.

I hope he succeed but right now seeing his performance in major leagues, the best bullet point in his CV is him being a former Barcelona player.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazario1985 View Post

What about Southampton ?

At valencia ? with one a hell of squad he broke the record of the lowest win rate for a valencia manager ever (20% win rate ) getting them nearly relegated.

Even in a weak dutch competition Louis van Gaal handled him the CHAMPIONS squad and by the best team in their league after leaving for Bayern, result ? he was sacked mid season loosing 8 games out of 16 !!

He can do all the talks he wants 'oh I'm tuff ' ' i want player to work harder' and all that gibberish, he never proved himself as a club manager and need to do it NOW with us.

I hope he succeed but right now seeing his performance in major leagues, the best bullet point in his CV is him being a former Barcelona player.
    Lukaku left and Rooney was well past his best.

With Soton did well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Southampton ?

You're high on crack or what?
    He took over the AZ squad after their league title, but never was it the best team in their league. AZ is a decent team in all their history, but a fluke year of Ajax & PSV is what is giving them a title.
    Even FC Twente did have a better squad and more money to spend.
    The year before their title they came 11th in the league, and after their title it was 5th, 5th and 4th.

AZ is like the Villareal / Sevilla of the Netherlands. Decent football club, but one fluke year doesn't make them the best of the league year after year.
    It's always between Ajax & PSV, while sometimes Feyenoord can be into the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Lukaku left and Rooney was well past his best.

With Soton did well.
    Lukaku played under Koeman !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPM85 View Post
    You're high on crack or what?
    He took over the AZ squad after their league title, but never was it the best team in their league. AZ is a decent team in all their history, but a fluke year of Ajax & PSV is what is giving them a title.
    Even FC Twente did have a better squad and more money to spend.
    The year before their title they came 11th in the league, and after their title it was 5th, 5th and 4th.

AZ is like the Villareal / Sevilla of the Netherlands. Decent football club, but one fluke year doesn't make them the best of the league year after year.
    It's always between Ajax & PSV, while sometimes Feyenoord can be into the game.
    Rank that squad low as much as you want

The fact that after Vangaal he did a shitty job and was sacked mid season

I don't really care about what he did in the Dutch league (garbage with AZ // good with Ajax/PSV), but rather what was done by him @Valencia @Southampton @Everton that stood out to me. (not in a good way)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care about what he did in the Dutch league (garbage with AZ // good with Ajax/PSV), but rather what was done by him @Valencia @Southampton @Everton that stood out to me. (not in a good way)
    He did a very good job at Soton. You dont seem to know all that much about it.

Koeman is in to clean house and Barca need that for now.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    Don't know how much it was him assembling that side with Mane, VVD, Tadic etc though. They had one excellent spring where they barely lost a game, which was also in the Leicester season where almost everyone was terrible. Otherwise it was all pretty patchy, standard Koeman. There's a good chance it'll work better in a bigger club though if it's one of those weird personality-fits-to-club situations.
    Some are boring, some are not.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    ^
    Don't know how much it was him assembling that side with Mane, VVD, Tadic etc though. They had one excellent spring where they barely lost a game, which was also in the Leicester season where almost everyone was terrible. Otherwise it was all pretty patchy, standard Koeman. There's a good chance it'll work better in a bigger club though if it's one of those weird personality-fits-to-club situations.
    He did very well at Soton they finished 6th and he was there when likes of VVD, Mane and Tadic signed and gets credit for it.

Patchy at other clubs but Barca need a strong personality just now more than anything.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best ever Southampton finish was very good indeed, but beyond that and getting those 3 it's patchy, even at Soton. Just like anywhere else. If he had the same scouting staff there and took them to Everton, it's not a good look and basically means he got lucky with recruitment decisions in Soton.
    Some are boring, some are not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then don?t name that part of his history if you don?t have a clue what your talking about. The main reason AZ went to shit that year was the fall of DSB bank and the guy behind that bank was the primary person of the club.

He did some shit jobs at Valencia and Everton, but did some stellar work as well at Vitesse, Ajax, Feyenoord and NL team. Lets wait and see what he will bring he, before jumping to conclusions.

We have hit rock bottom, which we haven?t since mid 2000. Let him clean house and see if he can do any better than Valverde and Setien.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koeman did win the Copa with Valencia at least