Our Status as a Elite club

FinBarcelonafan

I think we are still seen as an elite club. It's normal to have down spiral. Even Milan seems to be back now. It might take some time but we'll be back!

Windhook

How long do you think it will take for us to be an elite club again? I say no sooner than 2025.

I cannot really tell. The situation at Barca remind me a little of the pre-Ronaldinho era at the club, but without the aging stars that were playing at that time. We don't have stars in our lineup. Just some promising players and declining legends.

Givenchy

We are elite in name only these days and that is at risk if this goes on for another 2-3 years - see AC Milan

As for how long it'll take? I had anticipated a Sir Alex at United type decline when Messi left us and look how long it took United to resemble something of a top team again.. and thats with the allure of the PL AND bags of money. We are currently in a meh league, broke as piss.

Barca need a landmark signing (we all know who) but have no money to buy that player so all hope is on Ansu to become something special

serghei

We challenged for the title last season and only due to some idiotic management did we fail to win the domestic double. This is basically year 1 when we won't win any titles probably and look like a in a rebuilding phase.

For us to really wane, we'd need about 4-5 years of being largely irrelevant. It depends on the economics of the club, who the manager is gonna be, how the likes of Gavi, Fati, Dest, Araujo etc progress, and what top players we'll manage to attract.

Also, I'm gonna assume Busi and Pique will be done after this season.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

We will never stop being an elite club, tons of history. And you can't teach that.

And even if we cant do anything by our self worst case scenario ( which wont happen) as long as Madrid is there at the top with Mbappe and stuff, they will always be dragging us along keeping us relevant.

Daisymorr

Even without bias or ego, I think Barca will always be an elite club. The club has 100's of millions of fans around the world. Our team may not be good at the moment but things will turn around in time. Its up there with Madrid, United, Liverpool as the most famous worldwide even more so than the likes of Chelsea, Milan, City and Bayern.

The legacy Messi, Xavi & Iniesta have left also will mean at Club has an eternal glow and spotlight on it.

Home of Barca Fans