Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Status as a Elite club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Bayern have a vendetta against us.

They show a lot of respect to RM, even when there is contention (not proof) that they got robbed in some CL encounters with them.

My belief is that Bayern see themselves as one of the original European forces with RM, Ajax, and Liverpool.

Whenever they play one of the comparatively newer ones (Barcelona, United, Juve) they go straight for the jugular.

Before our 2005-2015 era, they were arguably second (or third after Milan) leading club in the history of the game and we usurped their spot. Hence the sheer vitriol.
    Barca were a European force long before Bayern, Bayern were in the second division when Barca were in the European Cup final in the 60s, I think Liverpool were in Division 2 as well and Ajax were an amateur club until the mid 50s
    Last edited by ebc_99; 15th August 2020 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebc_99 View Post
    Barca were a European force long before Bayern, Bayern were in the second division when Barca were in the European Cup final in the 60s.
    What?
    Barca won its first European title around 80(i think), Bayern did 3 in a row in the 70s or something?

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebc_99 View Post
    Barca were a European force long before Bayern, Bayern were in the second division when Barca were in the European Cup final in the 60s, I think Liverpool were in Division 2 as well and Ajax were an amateur club.
    I'm talking about when the CLs were won. Participating in finals isn't all that much of an achievement because people seldom remember runner-ups (except for Dutch 1974).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca won the Latin Cup as well in the 50s which was the precursor to the European Cup, and were considered the best team on the continent in the late 40s and 50s. It is a pity the European Cup was not created a few years earlier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cries after Valverde then creates this thread. Lel.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    📊 [Opta] | Quique Seti?n has lost the 20% of his games for Barcelona in all competitions (GP25 W16 D4 L5), the highest defeat percentage of any Barcelona manager since Louis van Gaal (26% - GP200 W111 D37 D52).

Disaster

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are still seen as an elite club but for how long if we keep having these type of disaster seasons?

We are not seen as an elite club on playing level, but as a club level yes. Elite club, not elite football team.

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    I think we are still seen as an elite club but for how long if we keep having these type of disaster seasons?

We are not seen as an elite club on playing level, but as a club level yes. Elite club, not elite football team.
    Let's not go over the top. Last year we won the league, and a year before we won the double. A year before the copa, a year before another double, a year before a treble.

Don't think we're gonna see Barca in Europa League or something.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Let's not go over the top. Last year we won the league, and a year before we won the double. A year before the copa, a year before another double, a year before a treble.

Don't think we're gonna see Barca in Europa League or something.
    Elite on the pitch is top five team in the world. Before the embarassed, you could put us anywhere in the top 4-6.

I assume these teams are better than us:

Bayern
    Liverpool
    City
    PSG
    Real Madrid

Then it gets close.

Barca
    Atletico
    Juventus

Dortmund
    Inter
    United
    Chelsea
    Liepzig

Lyon

I see those teams in that order. We might drop a bit now because amigos could provide a bit better result than our youngsters.

I think City/Bayern and Liverpool are comfortably better than us. Real and PSG it's close but I give them the edge because they have younger and better moving teams.
    Last edited by FinBarcelonafan; 18th August 2020 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol We're finished as an elite club.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a team we are not very good but as a club we are still at the top, this situation is temporary Barca will be back where we want to be within 4 or 5 years, not necessarily winning the Champions League but at least competing.

Every club is up and down since professional football started, what did you guys think was going to happen? If you look at the history of the club, success is closely followed by disaster, always has been. You just have to roll with it and be patient and enjoy the rebuilding process because it is always more fun. Watching the club from 2003 to 2006 was the most enjoyable for me because the team was so very bad and watching it develop little by little was very exciting.

The club waited 14 years between 92 & 06 to win the European Cup again, we aren't winning it this year so it will be at least 8 years gap if we win it in 2023 which is unlikely so I reckon it could be close to a 14 year wait again. But our fortunes can change quickly, look at how quickly Atletico became contender under Simeone, from nowhere to the European Final within a couple of seasons.
    Last edited by ebc_99; 2nd October 2021 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the club reputation I'm concerned with, but long-term finances. In football money speaks, love for any club comes second if we talk about attracting players. Relying solely on La Masia and low-profile signings like Luuk De Jong is not gonna do the trick if demands are winning La Liga or CL.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    It's not the club reputation I'm concerned with, but long-term finances. In football money speaks, love for any club comes second if we talk about attracting players. Relying solely on La Masia and low-profile signings like Luuk De Jong is not gonna do the trick if demands are winning La Liga or CL.
    How long do you think it will take for us to be an elite club again? I say no sooner than 2025.
    Se Queda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clubs standing will be at the top as long as you engage casuals. But in order to avoid being Arsenal status attracting big name stars and winning is a must. Hopefully there will be a sporting plan for the next generation.
    #QatarFC no more #NeyorBust Messi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ👑 ...we are continuing. Just not at FC Barcelona