CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

malvolio

We absolutely need to go full Valverde there.. Throw 4 4 2 and hope the players pull something out of their ass.

replicating the 3-0 performances against bayern and liverpool in the camp nou, basically. not necessarily score wise, but luck/conversion wise.

Neymessi

Most successive home games without defeat

35* Barcelona (18/09/2013 -)
29 Bayern Munchen (04/03/1998 - 02/04/2002)
Arsenal (14/09/2004 - 15/04/2009)
23 Juventus (02/10/2013 - 13/02/2018)
23 Manchester United (27/09/2005 - 03/11/2009)

It's the same with us regarding other teams, thing is you don't have time to watch many teams a lot other than Barca, so every evaluation you have regarding other teams, and even other players is superficial.

Yes but usually the exterior evaluations are close to the reality, but with us it's not. I don't think any top team that is still considered a good team has had so many misleading wins like us. Those misleading wins have even fooled fellow barca fans. So outsiders are definitely gonna be fooled. Remember when we almost won the league unbeaten and every barca fan was feeling we had no issues?

Truth is they are heads and shoulders above us and it's not even up for a debate, and so are manc, and we can't atletico are way out of this. I never thought as a barca fan there would be a day when forget being hopeful, that I would watch a match knowing that it's likely going to be another painful experience. If we win we win, but if we lose I hope ffs it's a slightly significant margin so as to propel the renovation and make sure Barto isn't elected again. Had we not won the treble there was no chance they would have been elected again.

FinBarcelonafan

It would be funny if we would win though..

Bayern reddit is full of cocky fans right now. Hopefully Messi shuts them up. They see they have zero weakness and basically they are unbeatable. I hope their players have the same attitude. We have seen what happens when Barca goes to match with too much confidence. Sloppy play and errors.

KingLeo10

One of the most arrogant clubs out there. Hope we shithouse our way to a win.

Absolutely unreal arrogance.

They should be a little more humble after 5 successive eliminations from Spanish teams (Real x 3, Barca, AM) this decade. Two of those being humiliations.

Even Pool fans are by and large more humble than this lot.

Raketa10

They should be a little more humble after 5 successive eliminations from Spanish teams (Real x 3, Barca, AM) this decade. Two of those being humiliations.

Great! I hope they will increase the level of arrogance even more! I also sincerely hope our players are reading those comments. This is the first time in years we are underdogs, the first time we are being underestimated, moreover, no one believes we can go trough. All of this could actually motivate our players.

Last edited:

FC B

Truth be told their last two eliminations from rm shouldn't have happend had it been under correct and objective refereeing.

El Gato

Villarato!
There's something about Anglo-Saxon football tradition that makes fanbases unbearable when their teams taste even the tiniest bit of success.

kattanib

Can we beat Bayern? Don?t know honestly if our team has the right mindset to properly defend and control the game. That being said, Bayern are actually very much easy to beat if you have the right team and tactics and can easily be beaten by an organized team that can defend and control the ball. I am pretty sure Atletico and City can beat Bayern. Bayern are actually awful, they just have an abusive aggressive attacking side similar to Madrid style back in Mourinho era

KingLeo10

There's something about Anglo-Saxon football tradition that makes fanbases unbearable when their teams taste even the tiniest bit of success.

One of the positives about RM fans (not just you but in large) is that you guys aren't unbearable when it comes to flaunting your CL success.

If Bayern or Pool won 4 CL in 5 years, we'd have to shut down internet forums.

Even United who have been pedestrian for ages and who we've literally curbstomped last 10 years are only now starting to stop that "biggest club in the world" nonsense.

KingLeo10

Can we beat Bayern? Don?t know honestly if our team has the right mindset to properly defend and control the game. That being said, Bayern are actually very much easy to beat if you have the right team and tactics and can easily be beaten by an organized team that can defend and control the ball. I am pretty sure Atletico and City can beat Bayern. Bayern are actually awful, they just have an abusive aggressive attacking side similar to Madrid style back in Mourinho era

City wouldn't beat them. Too soft.

AM would though.

kattanib

It would be funny if we would win though..

Bayern reddit is full of cocky fans right now. Hopefully Messi shuts them up. They see they have zero weakness and basically they are unbeatable. I hope their players have the same attitude. We have seen what happens when Barca goes to match with too much confidence. Sloppy play and errors.

It would be sad if we dont. It is sad that Barca fans would say it is unlikely we will win, including myself. We must be hopeful though and winning is a possibility that requires us to do things differently that how we have been approaching our games lately. We must defend well and tiki taka control the game from its balls. Meaning no Vidal at any cost.

kattanib

They are the superior race

Home of Barca Fans