CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

messid10s

Feel the game could have been closer had Dembele been fit and played against that high line. We got in behind their high line a lot even without masses of pace. What was shameful was the way we just gave up the last 3 goals it was a disgrace and everyone should have been fined after that. It's not shameful to lose to a good team but giving up and letting them humiliate you is.

Givenchy

Feel the game could have been closer had Dembele been fit and played against that high line. We got in behind their high line a lot even without masses of pace. What was shameful was the way we just gave up the last 3 goals it was a disgrace and everyone should have been fined after that. It's not shameful to lose to a good team but giving up and letting them humiliate you is.

thats what really pissed me off. I can't believe pro's who have won everything there is to win folded like a deckchair, there was no honour they gave up. Seeing no fight is the worst

AzaR

Watching old videos back of Pep's Barca against Madrid, the intensity of our press, wow. It's so easy to forget how difficult we use to make it for the likes of Madrid, Bayern and other big CL opponents.

Different expectations and a different type of drive in the players :(

Andrew M

Watching old videos back of Pep's Barca against Madrid, the intensity of our press, wow. It's so easy to forget how difficult we use to make it for the likes of Madrid, Bayern and other big CL opponents.

Different expectations and a different type of drive in the players :(

Not just that, but younger and better players and better coach

JerseyAddict

Interesting. Bayern didn't even run that much. Yet we still are 10km under them. Around 115km is pretty standard in CL for big teams.

What stroke me is shots on goal stats.
29 shots, 15 on target. That means MATS was a sitting duck all the game. Shame on the entire team.

Vilarrubi

What stroke me is shots on goal stats.
29 shots, 15 on target. That means MATS was a sitting duck all the game. Shame on the entire team.

Conceding over 50% of shots on target too. I doubt there?s any other keepers at top clubs who have that sort of ratio in most important game of the season. Saw in the semi and final that Neuer is levels above him.

KingLeo10

98.3 km looks even worse when you realize we were trailing from like min 15 or whatever.

Generally, teams trailing in a one off game up the effort. But these lads were strolling around like they were in the lead.

I refuse to believe they're THIS arrogant. It's more likely they simply don't have the legs and can't accept that.

Vilarrubi

98.3 km looks even worse when you realize we were trailing from like min 15 or whatever.

Generally, teams trailing in a one off game up the effort. But these lads were strolling around like they were in the lead.

I refuse to believe they're THIS arrogant. It's more likely they simply don't have the legs and can't accept that.

Also even worse when you realise we had 49% possession. Games where we dominate possession 60-65% low running numbers are more expected and acceptable as we don’t have as much time off the ball therefore less running, but those figures with 49% are inexcusable.

Interesting. Bayern didn't even run that much. Yet we still are 10km under them. Around 115km is pretty standard in CL for big teams.

When I look at the most Bundesliga matches Bayern does not even have more kilometres but often in the recent months it was the fast kilometres and sprints that Bayern excelled in. In the last match against BVB both teams ran 121 kilometres - but Bayern had 287 sprints and 840 intensive runs - BVB just 215 sprints and 740 intensive runs.

I remember that some Bayern coach in October 2019 when asked if Bayern could press like Liverpool answered that a car with a 100 km/h top speed cannot go 200 km/h. It was that coach who always blamed the team, the temperature or that the players did not do what he said - never took any blame himself. But luckily that is history...

Gaudi

When I look at the most Bundesliga matches Bayern does not even have more kilometres but often in the recent months it was the fast kilometres and sprints that Bayern excelled in. In the last match against BVB both teams ran 121 kilometres - but Bayern had 287 sprints and 840 intensive runs - BVB just 215 sprints and 740 intensive runs.

I remember that some Bayern coach in October 2019 when asked if Bayern could press like Liverpool answered that a car with a 100 km/h top speed cannot go 200 km/h. It was that coach who always blamed the team, the temperature or that the players did not do what he said - never took any blame himself. But luckily that is history...

Let me guess...Niko Kovac?

Home of Barca Fans