Jeremie Frimpong

Porque

Time to start this hype train. The RB you never knew you needed in your life. Last years POTY for the 1967 European Cup winners Celtic.

Celtic first goal vs. Hamilton (check out that attacking interior play from Frimpong to get the move started).

Frimpong goal vs Hamilton (movement our front line could only dream of).

Not hyping the kid. But he is like an infusion of Dani Alves+Messi- but better.

Andresito

Staff member
He went for cheap from City. Just checked and they don't have a buy back, only a 30% sell-on fee, which potentially could help them if they want him back in a bidding war.

Messi983

A few days ago Romero mentioned him as one of the 5 RBs we're considering. Although our priorities seem to be Meunier or Foyth I'd prefer this kid. Probably not what Xavi wants in his RB though.

Co0ter

Out of all the fullbacks I've researched the past few days and come across this summer- this kid is by far the most exciting. He has incredible pace and dribbling, better than all our wingers, even Dembele (who pushes the ball past defender and beats with pace, I dont consider this dribbling).

He likes to link up in 1-2s and his crosses seem above average. Only 21. Not too sure about his defending but he's only 5'7" so he'll be weak in the air.

I say allow him to be the new Alba. Attack is main priority and he can use his pace and determination to get back and defend. Bring in a more well rounded LB who can defend well to balance the backline.

An immediate huge upgrade to Dest, even while at his best during those few months last season.

Last edited:

Porque

He was very good when I was last watching him a couple seasons back @ Celtic.

I don't think Xavi wants signings with any risk though, even though we could go for it at RB with the coverage there (Bob, Araujo... Kounde).

I reckon we getu Meunier for price and experience. Pass % atrocious compared to Frimps though.

Last edited:

Co0ter

Frimpong has pace, dribbling and balls. He can beat defenders and get into the box. We havent had that since early Alves. Meunier is already 30 and he's average going forward and not great defensively. Flushing money down the toilet. At least you get someone who is effective going forward in Frimpong, who can get back to defend with pace. He's also only 21 and can improve defending a bit.

I guess what I'm saying is you can teach someone to defend a little better, you cant teach someone to do what he does offensively.

khaled_a_d

His highlights makes him like Dest lost brother.

Exact same qualities and limitations, sane love to dribble in ctowd.
Pass

Last edited:

Co0ter

His highlights makes him like Dest list brother.

Exact same qualities and limitations, sane love to dribble in ctowd.
Pass

Interesting comment. When was the last time you saw Dest dribble past, or even take on an opponent in the final third successfully? I can't remember either.

Dest has offered very little other than fancy footwork going forward since joining, so not sure how they are the same.

If his performances for us were anything close to how he plays for the USNT then we wouldnt be looking for a RB in the first place.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Out of all the fullbacks I've researched the past few days and come across this summer- this kid is by far the most exciting. He has incredible pace and dribbling, better than all our wingers, even Dembele (who pushes the ball past defender and beats with pace, I dont consider this dribbling).

He likes to link up in 1-2s and his crosses seem above average. Only 21. Not too sure about his defending but he's only 5'7" so he'll be weak in the air.

I say allow him to be the new Alba. Attack is main priority and he can use his pace and determination to get back and defend. Bring in a more well rounded LB who can defend well to balance the backline.

An immediate huge upgrade to Dest, even while at his best during those few months last season.

His highlights makes him similar to Dest, would probably have the same issues defensive-wise.

Home of Barca Fans