Victor Osimhen

Messi983

Lol, this thread has like 2 pages

giphy.gif

serghei

It is how it works.

No it isn't. Your making assumptions based on Napoli being almost a non-factor in negotiations. Napoli didn't need to sell last summer. They could have played hard ball, in fact they did it before with weaker talents than Osimhen.

JamDav1982

No it isn't. Your making assumptions based on Napoli being almost a non-factor in negotiations. Napoli didn't need to sell last summer. They could have played hard ball, in fact they did it before with weaker talents than Osimhen.

Napoli coach said they would find it hard to turn down 100m and higher up said that would be what teams need to come to table with.

You are assuming they wouldnt sell.

Based on assumption of 100m all players signed could have been as with Lewa.

mc_lovin

Do explain.

Expect wont though for good reason.

Okay: let's say they sell him for 100ME and he signs a 5 year contract. That's 20ME per season on the books (=amortization). But the actual cash flow this year and in the not so distant future is what conditions Napoli offers. Maybe they want three installments with 40ME upfront. Or they do us a favor like City did with Ferran. No way to tell, but hearing de Laurentiis talk and his usual BS I am not so sure.

It's not a hard concept, but also impossible to say what we could have afforded.

JamDav1982

Okay: let's say they sell him for 100ME and he signs a 5 year contract. That's 20ME per season on the books (=amortization). But the actual cash flow this year and in the not so distant future is what conditions Napoli offers. Maybe they want three installments with 40ME upfront. Or they do us a favor like City did with Ferran. No way to tell, but hearing de Laurentiis talk and his usual BS I am not so sure.

It's not a hard concept, but also impossible to say what we could have afforded.

That is a guess at how Napoli would try to structure the cash but very much doubt they ask for 40m x3... you are assuming 120m but regardless.

Even if they did it was the books that Barca had to contend with and have to take into account what paid Bayern and when.

Cash flow was not the issue nearly as much as the books.

The club said that they said they would be spending big had it not been for financial fair play.

mc_lovin

That is a guess at how Napoli would try to structure the cash but very much doubt they ask for 40m x3... you are assuming 120m but regardless.

Even if they did it was the books that Barca had to contend with and have to take into account what paid Bayern and when.

Cash flow was not the issue nearly as much as the books.

The club said that they said they would be spending big had it not been for financial fair play.

??? The installments don't need to be the same. 40m+30m+30m for example.

Anyway, I kind of agree we could have had the money, but the amortization argument was shit. Also, this whole discussion for fecking Osimhen? Would take Lewy any day.

JamDav1982

??? The installments don't need to be the same. 40m+30m+30m for example.

Anyway, I kind of agree we could have had the money, but the amortization argument was shit. Also, this whole discussion for fecking Osimhen? Would take Lewy any day.

Again I doubt that would be what they ask for to be paid but regardless cash was not the issue nearly as much as the books were and what was preventing the signings.

The club said they would have been making signings without the levers if not for FFP.

What are you assuming the cash paid for Lewa is and when?

The amortisation argument is the relevant part... the cash argument is the 'shit' part.

Oshimen may even have cost less in cash last season. Who knows.

jamrock

For us to amortize the cost of Oshimen to equal the cost of Lewa, we would have had to given him a contract term of what?.

Lewa 50/4 = 12.5m.

Oshimen going for 120m, which is what the club wanted 100+Ronaldo, we would have to give him a 9.5 year contract.

Assuming the salaries are identical, for both players to have a similar cost on the "books".

I smell bullshit.

Assuming we gave him a shorter term contract, 5 years, even 6 years more likey, his "cost on books" increases, meaning less space to sign the likes of Kounde, or Raphinha.

Math remains true even if the cost is 100m.

feggydinho

He's a quality striker for sure who bullies defenders easily. I've been watching some Napoli games this season and He, Kvara, and Zielinski have stood out. His hold-up play is also good, with good pace

JamDav1982

Lewandowski is on 3 year contract and that is what he is amortised on.

The fee being discussed for Oshimen last summer is 100m which even their coach said would be hard to turn down. Not some random report about 'Ronaldo' that makes zero sense logically anyway.

Unlikely their salaries are identical given what both had achieved in previous seasons. See what Nunez is on at Liverpool for example.

Would be next to no difference on the books and Oshimen may even be cheaper depending on fee Napoli would have settled for in end and salary.

jamrock

Napoli who paid 80m for Oshimen, and who negotiates like a hell, isn't selling Oshimen for anything less than 100+, minimum, so that line of argument makes no sense, not a sensible soul on the planet would agree with NAPOLI of all teams taking less that over 100m for Oshimen.

Yeah let's make a quick 20m profit? Napoli nerp.

So using your own little, I understand basic math, look at me, his transfer could not have worked out for the club, unless they gave him a contract length which has exceed any in the clubs history's history.

His salary would have been at least doubled, Nunez coming from Benfica & Portugal doesn't translate to Napoli & Italy, I'm sure Nunez at least doubled his salary, which is what Oshimen would be expected as well.

That's just me using your own amortize cost to show your line of thinking is illogical & only makes sense once someone starts to spin reality.

On top of that, the cash live cash aspect is their there to consider.

Anyways we do the maths, signing him would mean we don't sign someone else.

Home of Barca Fans