Patson Daka

Messi983

Olmo is a different case than likes of Haliliović and Pjaca.

He was rejected by Barca at a young age for not being good enough (and at that time he probably really didn't show all that much potential) and decided to go to Dinamo instead of trying to make it at a smaller La Liga team (like most Spanish kids his age would probably do) or go try his luck in the EPL where he would clearly get more money immediately but would this actually be the best for his career?

We'll never know how his career would turn out in alternate universe but time has shown it was absolutely the right move for him to do (what most people would consider) a step back in his career followed by two or three big jumps ahead in following years. He still needed time to develop though. Maybe BBZ or other Dinamo fans can correct me but IIRC he didn't make a breakthrough to Dinamo's first team and establish himself there until he was almost 19*.

And then he made another good move going to a developing club like Leipzig where he won't challenge for titles but is still playing every week at a CL level team. I still have some doubts if he'll ever become a key player at Barca/Real/Bayern/City/Liverpool,.. (I think he can make it as a squad player in those clubs though) but so far he's shown patience and readiness to progress in his career step by step instead of being jumpy and go to a big club as soon as he'll get an offer. I've always liked "smart" players who are ambitious but at the same time also aware they need to improve before they're ready for next step. Olmo is one of those players so I'll wish him the best wherever he'll go next (unless it's to Madrid then I'll have to "hate" him. :))

*Which is still a pretty "normal" age to do that for most youngsters but we've been spoiled with likes of Fati and Pedri. And there are a lot of other 17-18 years old kids who are key players in their teams in top 5 leagues. And even more of them in lower rated leagues although most of us probably don't know them as well yet. Salzburg with their great scouting network is surely one of those clubs with plenty of youngsters we'll hear more about in coming years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Olmo is a different case than likes of Haliliović and Pjaca.

He was rejected by Barca at a young age for not being good enough (and at that time he probably really didn't show all that much potential) and decided to go to Dinamo instead of trying to make it at a smaller La Liga team (like most Spanish kids his age would probably do) or go try his luck in the EPL where he would clearly get more money immediately but would this actually be the best for his career?

We'll never know how his career would turn out in alternate universe but time has shown it was absolutely the right move for him to do (what most people would consider) a step back in his career followed by two or three big jumps ahead in following years. He still needed time to develop though. Maybe BBZ or other Dinamo fans can correct me but IIRC he didn't make a breakthrough to Dinamo's first team and establish himself there until he was almost 19*.

And then he made another good move going to a developing club like Leipzig where he won't challenge for titles but is still playing every week at a CL level team. I still have some doubts if he'll ever become a key player at Barca/Real/Bayern/City/Liverpool,.. (I think he can make it as a squad player in those clubs though) but so far he's shown patience and readiness to progress in his career step by step instead of being jumpy and go to a big club as soon as he'll get an offer. I've always liked "smart" players who are ambitious but at the same time also aware they need to improve before they're ready for next step. Olmo is one of those players so I'll wish him the best wherever he'll go next (unless it's to Madrid then I'll have to "hate" him. :))

*Which is still a pretty "normal" age to do that for most youngsters but we've been spoiled with likes of Fati and Pedri. And there are a lot of other 17-18 years old kids who are key players in their teams in top 5 leagues. And even more of them in lower rated leagues although most of us probably don't know them as well yet. Salzburg with their great scouting network is surely one of those clubs with plenty of youngsters we'll hear more about in coming years.

Olmo has that Modrić factor where he is determined to go extra mile. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes one step further and become world class due to his mentality.

Porque

Didn't officially score at the weekend but had one wrongfully disallowed. Salzburg beat Rapid Vienna 3-0.

Adeyemi, who Abidal really wanted to sign while here, come off the bench and scored 2. He has become the best 5 minute attacker in the world.

Yusuf Demir didn't get off the bench for Rapid.

khaled_a_d

Didn't officially score at the weekend but had one wrongfully disallowed. Salzburg beat Rapid Vienna 3-0.

Adeyemi, who Abidal really wanted to sign while here, come off the bench and scored 2. He has become the best 5 minute attacker in the world.

Yusuf Demir didn't get off the bench for Rapid.

Kluivert, not Abidal.

gregorrin10

The next big thing out of Salzburg, following the footsteps of Mane and Haaland, although if he can ever reach those highs, remains to be seen.

Devils

How are we not linked to this cat? lmao.

FC Barcelona, the only top club in the world without a #9 and we are signing that Argentine hobbit while this guy will probably be a successor to Lewandowski at Bayern SMH.

vuji_31

FC Barcelona, the only top club in the world without a #9 and we are signing that Argentine hobbit while this guy will probably be a successor to Lewandowski at Bayern SMH.

No mighty Barca DNA :)

Also we have lord Braithwaite for 18mil, which is little less then money that will satisfy RB Salzburg for this guy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's probably going to Leipzig considering Brobbey want to end his agreement with Leipzig and stay at Ajax after Nagelsmann went to Bayern.

gregorrin10

He's probably going to Leipzig considering Brobbey want to end his agreement with Leipzig and stay at Ajax after Nagelsmann went to Bayern.

wow, he actually doesn't want to go there anymore? Wonder if he'll even be able to get out of it, if he already signed that pre-contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
wow, he actually doesn't want to go there anymore? Wonder if he'll even be able to get out of it, if he already signed that pre-contract.

Apparently not. Reports in Netherlands that Ajax are trying to sign him back :lol:

Laplacian

Tons of cheap talented players all over Europe that can improve us massively, but we never go for them. It seems we only go for players already linked with top clubs and nothing else, really. Either that or Brazilians lmao.

vuji_31

So painful.

I am tired of seeing our transfer targets evrn the fake one.

Except Haaland no intersting name.

Remember days when we were after suarez.
Watched sport.es and mundo every day to see some news for his transfer.

Same for Thiago Silva and Neymar.

Other transfers were meh and not exciting.

Home of Barca Fans