Bartomeu on Setien, Messi and Xavi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca president spoke on few subjects of most interest to Barca fans.

josep-maria-bartomeu-presidente-del-barcelona-1592411243908.jpg

While Bartomeu has confirmed Xavi is a future Barcelona coach, the club president has thrown his immediate support behind Setien, with the pair already discussing plans for next season:

"Xavi will be Barca's coach, sooner or later. But right now we are not looking for a coach, we are with Quique."

"Quique Setien will coach the team in the Champions League and these last two Liga games that are left.

"We have had a very atypical season, we will play in August and he will be the coach. If we overcome Napoli, we will be in Lisbon."

Our will is to fulfil contracts and Setien has one. We went to Setien's house to speak about the future, the plans for next season. He will probably be there and I am very interested to hear what he thinks.

"He has a lot of time for Riqui Puig and Ansu [Fati]. We have seen Pedri and [Francisco] Trincao in form, there is hope.?

On Messi

"I'm not going to explain the details because we are focused on the competition and we are negotiating with many players, but Messi has explained to us that he wants to stay and so we're going to enjoy him for much longer.?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really dislike how he openly mentioned Lautaro and Neymar. Obviously he hasn't learned his lessons. We don't have money to waste.

Home of Barca Fans