Arnau Tenas

khaled_a_d

25 years later Lucho still giving a FU to RM, lol.

Also, don't want to be harsh on Tenas but what has he done to deserve a NT callup? Was it just because he was already in Barcelona where they've played so didn't need to travel far as an emergency callup?

Youth NT GK, it isn't about club or based on merit really.
Just another man to fill a void

Andresito

Staff member
BREAKING: Arnau Tenas will NOT continue at Barcelona.
The club see Peña in a better position to be Ter Stegen's back-up. @albert_roge

And I thought Peña sucks. Tenas must be shite in the club's eyes. We need a new backup GK either way.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So who rejected who? Tenas decided not to renew or the club decided not to extend his contract?

Makes little sense to not renew him, who would be our keeper for Barça B next season?

khaled_a_d

So who rejected who? Tenas decided not to renew or the club decided not to extend his contract?

Makes little sense to not renew him, who would be our keeper for Barça B next season?

Ander Astralaga and Nil Ruiz will be the GK, unless we move on from Nil and buy a new GK but I doubt it.
I am more worried about Pena staying for long with no one to take over from him tbh

Porque

Tenas is better than Pena but fair play for having the ambition to try and make a career for himself.

Meanwhile Astralaga is rated higher than Tenas by Barca circles. I don't see if personally, but atleast he has an avenue to develop in the B now.

There's no budget to replace Pena is the only issue now. If Stegen drops to his previous seasons level, or god forbid gets injured, then we will be in trouble.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is really perplexing and frustrating that they just cut him off. Is it because they don't rate him as a good keeper or a cost issue? How much money are we saving a year? 500K-ish? Peanuts compared to what we are offering to some first team players.

If they don't see him as a good keeper, does that mean they see it in those who are replacing him?

Great point made by Porque, what happens if Ter Stegen can't play? Pena all the way?

Sometimes this club makes decisions out of their ass, it seems.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he wanted to stay anyway and while I didn't see him as a future #1 for us I'm happy for him that he has the ambition to try to be a starter somewhere else and try to build a good career for himself.

JamDav1982

Tenas is nowhere near good enough.

Far worse than even MATS under balls into the box.

The fairest thing for him is to let him go and try to develop his game rather than be 3rd choice and only getting games at poor B team level.

Makes sense to let him go and get on with his career.

khaled_a_d

It is really perplexing and frustrating that they just cut him off. Is it because they don't rate him as a good keeper or a cost issue? How much money are we saving a year? 500K-ish? Peanuts compared to what we are offering to some first team players.

If they don't see him as a good keeper, does that mean they see it in those who are replacing him?

Great point made by Porque, what happens if Ter Stegen can't play? Pena all the way?

Sometimes this club makes decisions out of their ass, it seems.

Club had 2 years option they didn't pick, confirmed by Tenas himself.
I am going to make assumptions here, but many of those options are linked to getting promoted at certain time and getting paid as 1st team player.
If the club didn't see him as 1st team player (which is accurate) and he doesn't see himself as B team player anymore, it made little sense to exercise the option.
Forget about the asset management for a second, he is a 22 years old talented young man who has no future here, who has been in the club since he was 9. It is fair to let him go rather than being 3rd GK.
We have 2 younger replacements, who are at the right age too with Astralaga being 19 and Marquez favourite and Nil at 20 years of age.

As for back up, Pena and Tenas aren't that far apart, both doesn't to 1st team tbh. We should get a back up GK but we won't do it as we have to take risks with our poor finances

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Se queda. Guess Barca already found a potential loan club that are willing to pay his salary in full.

There has been a complete U-turn, Barça have reconsidered their stance and will execute the renewal option for two seasons. Tenas will be sent on loan for the next season. @sergisoleMD

Porque

Great news until he becomes the new Collado.

Nah, I think this guy has LaLiga potential if he gets a few seasons of top division game time.

But not a necessary move if his salary is to be tripled.

Home of Barca Fans