Next Barca President (2021)

Next Barca President (2021)

• Total voters

Vilarrubi

The Generalitat de Catalunya has approved voting by mail for the upcoming Presidency elections. [@jvehils via @tjuanmarti]

Not sure if this will affect the date of elections now. New date was rumoured to be March, but don’t see why it can’t be done on 24th as planned if votes by mail are allowed.

behindbrowneyes

The Generalitat de Catalunya has approved voting by mail for the upcoming Presidency elections. [@jvehils via @tjuanmarti]

Not sure if this will affect the date of elections now. New date was rumoured to be March, but don?t see why it can?t be done on 24th as planned if votes by mail are allowed.

24th... January? You know this is this Sunday? I'm not sure if you know the logistical effort behind postal voting. I don't think they will put forward the elections after postponing them. Reasons: Pandemic, some legal acts for postal voting that will take time, technical things to get the system for postal voting in place, more polling locations

"They have informed us the election will be put back," Laporta said. "March 7 is the date being contemplated because it will allow greater participation and the local government have accepted a request for postal voting, too.

"There's also a report on the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic and it's predicted that the curve will be on the way down by then and we won't be in the situation we're currently in.

"Maybe it will be the end of the restriction of movement but even allowing for that the club will prepare polling stations in areas where there currently are none.

"There were talks about Feb. 28 or March 7 and the latter was decided because postal voting can be used if we wait that extra week."
https://www.sport.es/en/news/elecci...hat-it-means-for-messis-barca-future-11458316

Also:
1. March 7 has been chosen as the date to hold the election to choose a new Bar?a president. Bar?a met with the government on Friday morning and it was agreed the original date of Jan. 24 was not possible due to the evolution of the coronavirus pandemic in the region. Therefore, Laporta, Font and Freixa had to agree a new date with Tusquets.

Feb. 28 has been put forward but it was decided it would be best to wait an extra week because the government predict the curve will have fallen even more by then and the health conditions will be much better.

2. There will be postal voting allowed in the election. The government have given Tusquets their word that they will update the legislation to allow for postal voting. That was another reason for March 7 over Feb. 28 -- it allows more time to get the system in place. This will mean voting members won't be forced to travel to vote if they want to/can avoid it.
https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...-settle-three-big-issues-at-the-club-11458296

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
There will be 6 vote casting locations: Barcelona, ​​Girona, Lleida, Tarragona , Tortosa and Andorra.
Doesn't say anything about mail voting.

img_aperez_20210203-124843_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_mini_00-eleccions-map-cas-v2-kikF-U491869781689aHD-572x358@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

TheStig

Can somebody explain to me (and that the answer isn't Barto/Tusquets) how was it possible to have elections in Catalunya with 53% of all Catalans participating? But it's totally inpossible to organize electios for a few thousand socis?

Andresito

Staff member
Can somebody explain to me (and that the answer isn't Barto/Tusquets) how was it possible to have elections in Catalunya with 53% of all Catalans participating? But it's totally inpossible to organize electios for a few thousand socis?

I have no idea but my guess is that Barca socis are more spread out in the country and world and having an election means that they would have to travel compared to the elections in Catalunya, thus increasing the risk of spread.

Joan

Also think the elections in Catalunya have higher priority and are "more" worth the risk. It's better for the club to have a president, but not putting socios' (who are often not young) at risk seems reasonable.

El Gato

Villarato!
Mr New Age president being 2% better than the guy who 2 days ago shouted about VARentino :lol:

Catalans are something else.

Home of Barca Fans