FC Barcelona hands over Camp Nou title rights to the FCB Foundation

Andresito

Staff member
Doesn't this remind one of the shirt sponsors?
Easing the start of the change with Qatar Foundation, described as something similar to UNICEF and then to Qatar Airways thanks to the initial contract where Qatar had the possibility to change the sponsor.

malvolio

I guess that was always the plan, considering that we'll have the stadium rebuild(modernized). European clubs just following the US model...

Neeraj

This is exactly that. I'll eat my words gladly if we aren't called Qatar Airways Camp Nou or some bull shit like that in a few years time.

malvolio

This is exactly that. I'll eat my words gladly if we aren't called Qatar Airways Camp Nou or some bull shit like that in a few years time.

rumours are that amazon are lining up a deal for tottenham's stadium. i think we'll go with rakuten since we already have close ties with them and we are targeting the asian market.

should be the biggest deal in football stadium naming rights, depending on what real madrid does with their new(renovated) stadium.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
rumours are that amazon are lining up a deal for tottenham's stadium. i think we'll go with rakuten since we already have close ties with them and we are targeting the asian market.

should be the biggest deal in football stadium naming rights, depending on what real madrid does with their new(renovated) stadium.

It'll be Camp Nou Goldman Sachs.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the club is testing the waters here with this temporary, short-term naming rights search and see how the market reacts. We allegedly want at least 20m a year for the full-fledged, long-term Camp Nou naming rights and this will give us an idea if there is any interest out there and if the amount is realistic.

Basically a marketing experiment embellished under a good cause.

Pepsbarca

I think the club is testing the waters here with this temporary, short-term naming rights search and see how the market reacts. We allegedly want at least 20m a year for the full-fledged, long-term Camp Nou naming rights and this will give us an idea if there is any interest out there and if the amount is realistic.

Basically a marketing experiment embellished under a good cause.

Of course that's what's happening here. Exactly the same as they did with the shirt sponsor.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course that's what's happening here. Exactly the same as they did with the shirt sponsor.

The difference is, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing this time around. The proceeds will go to a good cause (fighting COVID-19) and we will find out if there is any appetite for our naming rights on the market. Selling naming rights will happen sooner or later, it is just a matter of time. Most clubs did it.

malvolio

The difference is, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing this time around. The proceeds will go to a good cause (fighting COVID-19) and we will find out if there is any appetite for our naming rights on the market. Selling naming rights will happen sooner or later, it is just a matter of time. Most clubs did it.

the appetite surely is there. remains to be seen if we get the best deal in football or not. it should be the case since barcelona as a city is a massive draw for tourists. not to mention concerts or other events that will be held on the new stadium.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
the appetite surely is there. remains to be seen if we get the best deal in football or not. it should be the case since barcelona as a city is a massive draw for tourists. not to mention concerts or other events that will be held on the new stadium.

So far we haven't received any good offers apparently, the club rejected the offers from Mediapro apparently and one other offer. We are looking to bring in at least 300m for a period of 20-25 years previously and now they are thinking about 20m a year, quite hard.

It is quite unfathomable that average American stadiums easily get that amount while we, much more popular than most of those American sports teams can't.

Home of Barca Fans