Gustavo Maia

Messi983

He's already married and has a kid. Good thing if he's mature at his age and will concentrate on his career and familly instead of partying.

Porque

He's already married and has a kid. Good thing if he's mature at his age and will concentrate on his career and familly instead of partying.

Home-Asset-Hero_Split_930x525_Slater.jpg

Not to overrate the kid, but I've changed my mind and think he could be a future WPOTY.

Messi983

Neymar was too.

Sure, but Neymar was a big star in Brazil and coming from a rich familly. Don't know anything about Maia's familly background but he won't have anywhere near the same status as Neymar and will need to work hard to stay at the club longterm.

khaled_a_d

He doesn't look flamboyant like Rodrygo or Vinicius but still let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is worth around 10% of those players.
If he make it here as a bench player for couple of years and then get sold for 10-15M he will be success.
He is same age as those players with no 1st team games in Brazil.

Porque

He'll play for Barca B if they are promoted to Segunda otherwise he could go on loan.

Which is a fine deal if it is a B signing. Could even be a loan with an option to purchase like Vitinho was as I doubt there would be (m)any suitors.

Reading on MD that Sao Paulo are entitled to 30% of future transfer rights which basically means we paid 4.5m for 70% of Gustavo Maia rights. So a sale of 5.85m net needed to break-even on the transfer fees themselves.

Not big numbers by any means but still a really weird deal given all the talent coming out of Brazil and some more proven at low prices. For example Sao Paulo sold Antony, a 20 year old starter to Ajax for 16m.

khaled_a_d

He'll play for Barca B if they are promoted to Segunda otherwise he could go on loan.

Is this a news or a guess? I mean a better more proven player like Reis played in Segunda B without a problem or loan.

Reading on MD that Sao Paulo are entitled to 30% of future transfer rights which basically means we paid 4.5m for 70% of Gustavo Maia rights. So a sale of 5.85m net needed to break-even on the transfer fees themselves.

Don't know if it is the case for Maia, but usually the 30% sale kicks off if you sell more than you bought. So if we sell for 3M for example we get all the money and incorporate 1.5M loss only.

Messi983

Is this a news or a guess? I mean a better more proven player like Reis played in Segunda B without a problem or loan.

Miguel Rico mentioned that we'll look to loan him to La Liga team if Barca B won't be promoted to Segunda. Don't believe he's anywhere near ready for La Liga but we'll see.

abiabi

this is probably some wink wink deal with some agent where we owed someone a favor. 4.5M for Barca B, lol and then we get into trouble with FFP and have to sell players for bananas

Home of Barca Fans