Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 27

Saturday, March 7, 18:30CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
w8tb1aeBfVZIj9tZXf7eZg_96x96.png

Messi983

Even at home won't be an easy game against a very good opponent but we need a win and hopefully a good performance to get some positive vibes back.

Sociedad is playing a return leg of the CDR semi-final tonight against Mirandes at a pretty bad pitch (from what I've seen in previous games) with just a 2-1 lead from the first leg so it should be an intense and exhausting game for them and they'll possibly make some rotations on Saturday which should play in our favor.

Hopefully Setien will finally drop this 4-man midfield non-sense and start with Fati or Braithwaite, possibly even both. I'm not sure about Messi's injury but he didn't look moving well in El Clasico so maybe give him some rest and start on the bench before things get even worse.

Andresito

Staff member
ter Stegen
Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Alba
Vidal, Busi/Frenkie, Arthur
Messi, Griezmann, Ansu

This is what I want to see. With Frenkie underperforming as a CM I'd like to see Vidal and Arthur start.
As I've said before, I think our attack looks the most fluid with this front three.

eaman

Want to see a proper setien game for this one. Just dominate the ball, attack and try and keep them pinned in for most of the game

snowy

Even at home won't be an easy game against a very good opponent but we need a win and hopefully a good performance to get some positive vibes back.

Sociedad is playing a return leg of the CDR semi-final tonight against Mirandes at a pretty bad pitch (from what I've seen in previous games) with just a 2-1 lead from the first leg so it should be an intense and exhausting game for them and they'll possibly make some rotations on Saturday which should play in our favor.

Hopefully Setien will finally drop this 4-man midfield non-sense and start with Fati or Braithwaite, possibly even both. I'm not sure about Messi's injury but he didn't look moving well in El Clasico so maybe give him some rest and start on the bench before things get even worse.

He's been nursing this groin discomfort since the previous clasico back in mid-Dec where he kept feeling it and trying to loosen up his inner thigh on the pitch _ and possibly even before that so best make sure it's fully healed. So far it looks like a Grade 1 but trouble is, he's not the type to back off and rest by himself. He's so crazy about playing he might push through the pain and risk making it worse. Our medic teams need to step up their game. That article about Demb was damning. WTF have they been doing all this time?

This Barto dude been fucking up Barca on so many levels Madrid is one day gonna place at the entrance of the Bernabeurk a giant statue of his to honor him.

Horatio

You're welcome
He's been nursing this groin discomfort since the previous clasico back in mid-Dec where he kept feeling it and trying to loosen up his inner thigh on the pitch _ and possibly even before that so best make sure it's fully healed. So far it looks like a Grade 1 but trouble is, he's not the type to back off and rest by himself. He's so crazy about playing he might push through the pain and risk making it worse. Our medic teams need to step up their game. That article about Demb was damning. WTF have they been doing all this time?

This Barto dude been fucking up Barca on so many levels Madrid is one day gonna place at the entrance of the Bernabeurk a giant statue of his to honor him.

First serious post coming from you, snowy. The situation is truly dire then.

Andrew M

Messi plays through injury because he loves the club. He knows that if he goes into convalescence now we are truly fucked.

JohnN

ter Stegen
Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Alba
Vidal, Busi/Frenkie, Arthur
Messi, Griezmann, Ansu

This is what I want to see. With Frenkie underperforming as a CM I'd like to see Vidal and Arthur start.
As I've said before, I think our attack looks the most fluid with this front three.

I'd like to see:
Mats
Semedo pique Lenglet alba
Fdj Arthur
Messi
Griezmann braith Fati

mc_lovin

Arthur is a terrible fit for that as well. And Messi as a #10 is just Messi as a 2nd striker --> incredibly unbalanced. No idea why thats the wet dream for some people.

snowy

2 man midfield is a disaster waiting to happen on every lost ball.

Put a GPS tracker on the ball then 🤓 and use Rakilla Interceptor :whistle:

PedegoPlatinumInterceptor_17-spread-1.jpg
Watch out!!! Speed Demon coming through :lol:

srsly though, JN's got it right, can't think of a better line-up. He posted it as a 4213 but it's just as well a 4231

Mats
Semedo pique Lenglet alba
Fdj Arthur
Griez Messi Fati
Colgate​

Messi plays through injury because he loves the club. He knows that if he goes into convalescence now we are truly fucked.

Leo's da man :wub: Back in Sept, he had the thigh injury on the same spot and he's been playing with a compression bandage lately.

https://www.besoccer.com/new/what-if-messi-is-playing-while-injured-802869

Asylum15

I'm going to this match, my first Nou Camp visit ever.

Apologies if I jynx it and we lose eight nil lads.

Home of Barca Fans