3 - Alejandro Balde

Messi983

Looks like he'll sign a 3-year extension in the end. Balde has accepted lower wages in favor for shorter contract. Makes sense imo. We'll see how he'll develop over next two years and then we can decide what to do with him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Definitely has the potential to become a top LB. His athleticism and reflexes mean he won't be beaten often in 1v1 by wingers. His willingness to take players on with a great dribbling ability for a fullback is also encouraging, I could see him conduct the ball and get many attacks going on that left hand side. His delivery, on the other hand, looks atrocious :lol: I can't recall a single successful ball he put in after watching this video, and it is supposed to be a season-long highlight reel. He's got time to work on that.

cro-man

Official: Alejandro Balde has reached an agreement with Barcelona for the renewal of his contract that will keep him at the Club until June 30th, 2024. [fcb]

Balde's release clause is set at 500 million euros. [fcb]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not too bad.

Looks like he'll sign a 3-year extension in the end. Balde has accepted lower wages in favor for shorter contract. Makes sense imo. We'll see how he'll develop over next two years and then we can decide what to do with him.

Not surprised it got done given Jorge Mendes is his agent. He has so many clients and make so much money that he doesn't need one big move or salary bump up like Ilaix's agency may.

He's also a pro and knows not to overplay his hand at the detriment of his client.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Not too bad.

Well not too good either...

But he is clearly as ready for Barcelona A as he'll ever be: he is fast, and very reliant on his speed. He either plays a sort of spray and pray cross or an easy pass backwards (just like he should).
He didn't show yesterday that he'll ever be any better than Semedo, Montoya or Dest offensively though, and he doesn't seem to have the ability to combine as Alba or Roberto...
If I were in charge, I'd make him the clear number two this season behind Alba, who is still a key player. No need at all to try and buy someone like Gaya.

fergus90

He's had a good pre-season so far, impressed me a lot. Looks well equipped to be in and around the first-team.

xXKonan

What a difference in comparison to the likes of Cucurella and Miranda when it comes to LB prospects from La Masia

He looks good and confident for his age.

Bobo32

What a difference in comparison to the likes of Cucurella and Miranda when it comes to LB prospects from La Masia

He looks good and confident for his age.

Miranda and Cucurella are playing in the olympics (because of things they did in other clubs). Miranda played in the first game and played well. Next game is tomorrow, against Australia.

Yes Semedo is a good comparison so far, let's see if Balde can improve. He is certainly ready for some game time this season, when Alba is not available - so let's hope he gets the chances that neither Miranda or Cucurella got.

JamDav1982

Usual delusion that la masia players all 'deserve the same chances'.

If Balde gets more minutes it is because of what he has shown in B team, training and limited chances so far in top team.

Bobo32

Did more than Alba in a short amount of time he was on.

He made quite a few mistakes too and were positionally out of place sometimes. Not that impressed by his game today, but when everyone is back and the team hopefully functions a bit better, I think he should get to be rotated in more and more.

Home of Barca Fans