3 - Alejandro Balde

Porque

"Balde is in a contractual situation similar to that of Ilaix: he is negotiating with Bar?a the renewal of his relationship, which expires in 2022 (although it includes the famous and controversial clause of two optional years), and for the moment the positions of both parties they are estranged . As with Moriba, in this context the club has decided to join the discipline of the subsidiary as a measure of pressure. Until the conversations are unblocked, he will not 'go up' to the first team . "

Full article on Sport.

So that concludes the Balde debate.

Redbuck

But we're only talking about the first few weeks of pre-season until Koeman makes an assessment and returns the ones not ready to the B team.

It is normal to have added B team players as the squad will have less players with international players still on extended break.

In regards to LB, who is the alternative? Alba will start pre-season later and Firpo is sold. Dest will be at Gold Cup. So we will instead have someone out of position like Ramos Mingo which does not seem necessary.

Dest will not be at the Gold Cup. Him, alongside Gio Reyna, Tyler Adams and Christian Pulisic were not called up to the USMNT for the competition by Gregg Berhalter.

Porque

Dest will not be at the Gold Cup. Him, alongside Gio Reyna, Tyler Adams and Christian Pulisic were not called up to the USMNT for the competition by Gregg Berhalter.

Thanks for the correction. I assumed he was with the US and didn't look up the squads.

Good news for us then. I think he can work at LB when needed.

Redbuck

Thanks for the correction. I assumed he was with the US and didn't look up the squads.

Good news for us then. I think he can work at LB when needed.

You really aren't too broad in the way you follow football are you ? Just saying cos the area where you really show your football intelligence is la masia and its other related stuff tbh. PS: Not posting this to take a dig tho.

Porque

You really aren't too broad in the way you follow football are you ? Just saying cos the area where you really show your football intelligence is la masia and its other related stuff tbh. PS: Not posting this to take a dig tho.

It's the Gold Cup. Screw following the squads for that. Same with early Copa when in that ridiculous group stage setup.

Messi983

Barcelona and Alejandro Balde are working on a new contract. Talks are developing positively, and the left-back is expected to pen a new deal before the end of July. [md]

Ferran Martinez reports we've offered him a contract until 2026.

Balde was also training with the first team today so I think those reports are true.

Messi983

He's a backup LB on paper but yeah, in reality he'll be a 3rd or 4th LB mostly playing for Barca B and only called up if Koeman will decide to give him minutes.

It's good that negotiations are going well and he'll have a chance in preseason but most important thing is that he stays fit and fully establish himself in Barca B this season.

He'll only turn 18 in October and we shouldn't expect every kid his age will play regularly for first team like Ansu or Pedri.

Porque

Happy to see that this was de-escalated quickly.

Balde has a big trajectory. It would not surprise me if he featured in some low-key games this season. He lacks in defence but the Barcelona system can help to mask that, while he has the necessary game for when we hold possession.

Looking forward to the early pre-season and seeing the young players get their minutes.

Messi983

Balde will sign his contract renewal next Thursday according to Ferran Martinez. Great news.

Alejandro Balde's contract will be signed next Thursday, as President Joan Laporta will travel to Tel Aviv today for the premiere of the exhibition 'Bar?a, The Exhibition' and the Bar?a Legends game against Real Madrid, scheduled for the Tuesday, July 20 in the Israeli city. As usual in recent renovations, Laporta wants to be in the photograph of the signing of the contract.

Laporta is a bit like :puig:, isn't he?

Andresito

Staff member
E6Z3TtBWQAIGbmW

Home of Barca Fans