3 - Alejandro Balde

Messi983

Some rumours we want to send him on loan to Ajax with Tagliafico coming the other way.

Wouldn't be a bad move short term. We'd get someone experienced who can hopefully push Alba and Balde would get more playing time.

Not likely Ajax would accept this loan swap though.

Andresito

Staff member
Some rumours we want to send him on loan to Ajax with Tagliafico coming the other way.

Wouldn't be a bad move short term. We'd get someone experienced who can hopefully push Alba and Balde would get more playing time.

Not likely Ajax would accept this loan swap though.

Don't see why Ajax would want to get a younger player who's in need of playing time. Blind is the regular LB, would be risky to throw on an inexperienced and unadapted Balde in an emergency instead of someone like Tagliafico.

Messi983

Agreed, that's why I've said Ajax is unlikely to accept this swap.

And yeah, thinking more about this probably also wouldn't be the best move for Balde.

Andresito

Staff member
Not sure if he'll ever become good enough. He's hyped out of nothing really.

Still a long way to go.

Porque

He has good actions. I think he needs some time out of the Barcelona environment to express and grow in confidence in his play.

He is too comfortable here risking nothing in offense and cutting back. Some time in a more direct team could help him development his offensive fullback play and give physical preparations for his defensive game.

Not going to get it here with Alba nor with the way Xavi has his fullbacks interceding.

He is young, but not that young any more. Even going to Second Division is an improvement. Compare to Yan Couto who had a challenging year in Segunda and then went to Portugal and is getting starting minutes.

But out of the line of Grimaldo, Cucurella and Miranda he is the one I like the most at this stage of the career. Even if he has had an average season.

Home of Barca Fans