Staff member
La Liga Round 26

Sunday, March 1, 21:00CET

Th4fAVAZeCJWRcKoLW7koA_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

------

JerseyAddict

I don't expect much from this team after all the shit that fell from the sky this season.
I just want them to beat Real M. Nothing else.

Andresito

Staff member
No pragmatic approach please. Start Arthur and Ansu and go flying at Bernabeu. Almost a full week's rest after the game, go all in.

El Gato

Villarato!
I still wonder if there’s gonna be a Zidane curveball here. Rodrygo start wouldn’t be totally out if the question just from the shock value & lack of threat at RW, but he’s suspended. 5 midfielders might be a go. Or some random James appearance. Vinicius is good but Benzema is not enough on the end of those moves to give 100% threat and we need offensive threat to balance out the defenders having to work all game. Can’t even remember the last time he scored in a Clasico from a proper engineered move. Because it’s not as easy as saying he team around him are garbage. Between 2015 and 2018 they weren’t and he scored once in 2016 2:1 away win that curbed the Barca streak under Lucho.

There’s a history of Zidane trying to adjust the team for Barcelona when Liga is still in contention. Wonder what he does here. Guess a lot depends on result today. 5 midfielders seems very likely.

Last edited:

soul24rage

MATS---Semedo, Pique*, Umtiti, Junior---DJ, Busi, Arthur---Messi, Vidal, Griezmann

*not sure if Pique is gonna start due to his potential injury. If injured, switch with Lenglet.

Bring on Ansu and the Danish GOAT for added pace as subs.

Hardy

Real is overdue for a win at bernabeu, can't even remember last time they won against us. Don't expect anything from this barca, they are not in a good moment but whatever. better to play with doudle D cause they wouldn't have any problem to shut down Messi if we play like yesterday

El Gato

Villarato!
Real is overdue for a win at bernabeu, can't even remember last time they won against us.

Not counting Supercopa
3-1 under Ancelotti (5-6 years ago) at Bernabeu
2-1 under Zidane (4 years ago) at Camp Nou

As long as it's Messi +- Suarez & Griezmann for Barcelona and Benzema & kids or primadonnas, it's difficult to imagine it'll change.

Last edited:

Hardy

indeed Suarez here is the big changer, he scored a lot of goals against Real last years

KingLeo10

Not counting Supercopa
3-1 under Ancelotti (5-6 years ago) at Bernabeu
2-1 under Zidane (4 years ago) at Camp Nou

As long as it's Messi +- Suarez & Griezmann for Barcelona and Benzema & kids or primadonnas, it's difficult to imagine it'll change.

I wonder if RM wins tonight whether that will motivate a harder effort or lesser effort.

El Gato

Villarato!
I wonder if RM wins tonight whether that will motivate a harder effort or lesser effort.

Harder. Without question. Because if there's anything they need to compete it's belief they're still that same team sans Ronaldo, and if they believe they can win without him, they'll run their socks off to do it. Beating City nurtures that. It's the antidotum for the insecurities they suffered last year after the Girona bottle in the leadup to Clasicos in which they still outplayed Barcelona, but poor finishers got exposed, punished and then thrown under the bus as Ajax arrived in Spain.

The last thing you want is for RM keep a clean sheet or win by a considerable margin. Any goal City scores pushes Barca closer to a desired result.

bismp

It's really unbelievable that one of the biggest clubs of the world is left with barely 13-14 players(many of whom might be playing with minor injuries) in the most crucial part of the season.Unreal squad management by the masterminds of Barto and his pals.

Anyway,I think it will be a tough match.As Hardy said,Real hasn't won a Liga Classico at the Bernabeu in 5,5 years.Let's hope we can at least get a draw.

A potential loss won't mean very much in the league standings(Real would gain a slight advantage,but with many games left and both teams being...unstable to put it lightly,everything could happen),however it could potentially be a massive psychological blow for the team.

Home of Barca Fans