Martin Braithwaite

El Gato

Villarato!
So what's this cat done now?
Communicated he's staying? Good for him
Milk club for every cent like all other players whose contracts Laporta doesnt want to honor

BADGERBHOY

Of course they should try to sell him. And it is his prerogative to say "no thanks" if he doesnt get an offer/package that is attractive enough. I fully understand why the club wants to sell him, but the way they have acted in this case, the way they have acted with other players they dont want is disgraceful. No matter how big you think your Club is. Other big clubs has no problem treating their players decently. Both those that want to leave and those they want to leave. I understand even better why MB is set on the principles here and can only admire that he does not want to be bullied. We should all applaud that.

The way they have acted! They told him he was surplus to requirements and want him to go, how is that disgraceful?
That's exactly how every club on the planet does it but it's different for Barca presumably due to jealousy. How many times have you heard of a club trying to get rid of a player where he has been sent to train with the youths for example? Is that acceptable or disgraceful? You hear about that all the time without the same outrage.

BADGERBHOY

So, I must say something
First of all - I don't support the guy or like him very much BUT....
You must look it like this - more than 70 or maybe even 80% of football players are playing for the money, not the club, not for love or good vibes, they play for the money A LOT OF MONEY. He used the oportunity and got contract with Bartomeu and co.
Now I got the question for you: You have the contract in some company or like him you play football, the company/club wants you out, would you leave just like so? Or would you look to get paid and money that you "deserve" - better said that comes with contract that you signed?

Yeah, it's tough moment for Barcelona, problems with money and everything, but in other club he would have done the same thing.
As a supporter I don't like it, but there is no such that feeling like "love" when it comes to MONEY.

If we make up the the difference from what a new club is willing to pay him and what he would have earned from us then I don't see what his problem is in moving.
I do have a problem with him wanting all his wages paid up front and to get a signing on fee and extra wages from his new club on top.

JamDav1982

If they think they can get away with it just release him once the transfer window ends.

Why would club pay him up though to do that?

No benefit.

Keeping him and not registering him and seeing if he will change mind in Jan would be better than that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why would club pay him up though to do that?

No benefit.

Keeping him and not registering him and seeing if he will change mind in Jan would be better than that.

Was thinking about this post hence said if they can get away with it. If it is even realistic.

Which is the situation here.

I'm suggesting ways to work performance related clauses like any work contract, and contingecies like any business contract.

Anyways, Barcelona can rescind Braithwaite under article 28 (I think that's the number off the top of my head). But also would be owed compensation from Braithwaite/new club if there is reasonable proof that he has rescinded contract to sign for another club for free.

This is probably why the club want to release him after the transfer window closes. As a free agent Braithwaite can sign for a new club outside the transfer window. But they would have to have a slot free.

Barcelona releasing Braithwaite after the window is closed would give another proof that the new club left a slot free precisely to sign Braithwaite on a free.

JamDav1982

There is no way Barca can rescind the contract against the wishes of Braithwaite and then claim compensation if he signs elsewhere.

Makes zero sense.

Home of Barca Fans