My First Game at Camp Nou - Fucked Up

Asylum15

Hi lads,

been a hardcore Cule since 2006-2007 and decided recently (my finances going well) to go see the lads at the Camp Nou. I booked the Real Sociedad game at the start of March and sorted all my flights etc.

Being a newbie, I wasn't aware how late Barca announce kick offs in advance which makes it difficult to plan ahead - especially since I am limited in how many work days I can take off. I booked a flight into Barca on the Saturday (7th March), arriving in Barcelona at 18:30h thinking it was enough time as the game was listed as the 8th March. I was unable to fly out earlier due to work constraints.

Unfortunately, the club announced a few days ago that the game kicks off at 18:30h on the 7th March which is exactly when I'm meant to land. At best I will try catch some of the 2nd half (if I'm even allowed in?)

A lesson for me but what a fucking disaster for international fans who can only plan ahead so much.

bismp

That's sad man...Hopefully you can visit again in the future and watch a full game.

I myself will visit Barcelona at the end of April and I hope that I will be able to attend the game vs Atletico.Just like you said,the club hasn't announced the exact date yet,nor has it made the tickets available.

Messi983

Sorry to hear this.

La Liga is a mess when it comes to schedule releases. It's a bit better this season as they usually announce them for 4-5 rounds ahead but sometimes they still change kickoff time just a week or 10 days before a game.

It won't help you this time but for people going to games I suggest to often check for possible updates of kick off times at LFP official site/their twitter so if there is any change you can maybe still adapt your travel plans if possible. Don't know how up-to-date Barça's official site is with these updates (they should be but you never know) but if they list the game for let's say Sunday 22 March (against Leganes) and they say KO:TBA then don't count on the game to surely be played on Sunday (it could just as easily be on Saturday).

Another advice, if we play a CL game on Tuesday (those dates are always set in advance at the day of the draw and almost never change unless something really unpredictable happens) and our league game before that is listed for Sunday then you can be sure it will be played on Saturday when kick off time will be officially set.

Andresito

Staff member
Sucks to hear.

Personally I either book when the kickoff time is set, or book the whole weekend to be sure.

Another advice, if we play a CL game on Tuesday (those dates are always set in advance at the day of the draw and almost never change unless something really unpredictable happens) and our league game before that is listed for Sunday then you can be sure it will be played on Saturday when kick off time will be officially set.

LFP doesn't want us or Madrid to play on fridays. It's unfortunate for us as it would give us an extra day of rest before crucial CL games. I remember Barca wanting to play on a friday not too long ago in a case just like this, but the league said no.

Valencia and Atleti had the luxury of playing this friday before their respective CL games this week. So for now this "rule" is only valid for Barca and Madrid, but that might change in the future, be careful.

Asylum15

Just dropped another 408 Euros on an earlier flight from Dublin - Barcelona.

I must fucking love these cunts!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That sucks man. Hopefully it's a great game though with a big win and you enjoy your time there.

Unfortunately La Liga are pretty backwards when it comes to scheduling.

frog-fcb

Aw fek that then anways hope you enjoy the trip and it will be worth every penny.also have you got your hotel sorted

frog-fcb

Hopefully not we lost my first game over v malaga but met some a the squad in airport they were going to play city in the cl

Kul_z

Hi lads,

been a hardcore Cule since 2006-2007 and decided recently (my finances going well) to go see the lads at the Camp Nou. I booked the Real Sociedad game at the start of March and sorted all my flights etc.

Being a newbie, I wasn't aware how late Barca announce kick offs in advance which makes it difficult to plan ahead - especially since I am limited in how many work days I can take off. I booked a flight into Barca on the Saturday (7th March), arriving in Barcelona at 18:30h thinking it was enough time as the game was listed as the 8th March. I was unable to fly out earlier due to work constraints.

Unfortunately, the club announced a few days ago that the game kicks off at 18:30h on the 7th March which is exactly when I'm meant to land. At best I will try catch some of the 2nd half (if I'm even allowed in?)

A lesson for me but what a fucking disaster for international fans who can only plan ahead so much.

Happened to me, but fortunately i didnt purchase the ticket. Like someone said before, i didnt know that if cl is on tuesday, liga would automatically reschedule the game for saturday. Funny thing is, messi broke his arm that day(sevilla) and i had a ticket for inter cl game. Bumer haha. But it was cool i was flying with barca kids, they were returning from some youth cup in croatia which they apparently won.

Home of Barca Fans