Lliga | Round 22: FC Barcelona - Levante 2-1

FinBarcelonafan

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Problems for Setién against Levante: he only has 15 first team players available and Vidal doesn't train with the group today. [onda cero]</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1223555274847477761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

That’s why there’s a winter transfer window.

:benitez:

Wow. Super small roster.

mc_lovin

Shambolic squad planning. And I even agree with every departure this window (with the exception of maybe Todibo), and with the decision to not sign anyone.

serghei

We sold and loaned too many players just because Valverde didn't use them or used them poorly. Did we not think that maybe another manager would come and he should get the chance to work with these players? Way to shoot yourself in the foot...

Messi983

- Alena was loaned before we changed a coach so this is irrelevant. People wanted to see more of Puig and he has better chances to get first team minutes with Alena gone anyway.
- Setien had a chance to see C.Perez in two games and 10 days of trainings and he has decided for Collado instead.
- Todibo I could agree with (keeping him would also give us an option to get a non-EU striker like Chimy Avila) but so far we didn't have a need for a 4th CB
- Setien also had a chance to evaluate Ruiz and Marques in trainings. We would kept one of them if he would think they are good enough.

serghei

- Alena is more ready than Puig is and was already a first team player with some experience at the first team. That's obvious.
- Never said anything about C. Perez.
- Never said anything about Ruiz and Marques.

mc_lovin

- Alena is more ready than Puig is and was already a first team player with some experience at the first team. That's obvious.
- Never said anything about C. Perez.
- Never said anything about Ruiz and Marques.

Our depth in midfield isnt the problem. But starting the season with one #9 was kind of optimistic - as well as having only 3 first team CBs.

jairzinho

I agree about us keeping Aleña and Todibo but Aleña getting playing time with Betis is huge for his confidence and experience.

xXKonan

Arthur not ready yet going by his previous performances.

Roberto, yeah not surprised he got benched.

CatalinR10

rakitic and busquets starting together

tenor.gif

JohnN

We have many injured and risking Arthur from the start wouldn't be wise. Puig could start though.. if he is fit that is.

Gari

MAtS
Semedo Pique Lenglet Alba
Rakitic Sergio DeJong
Messi Griezmann Ansu
EPyqK8jW4AAX_ER.jpg

Barça bench: Iñaki Peña, Sergi Roberto, Umtiti, Junior, Riqui Puig, Arthur and Collado.

Last edited:

soul24rage

With Arthur still not match fit and Vidal injured, I'm fine with Rakitic playing as he's still good enough to play at home against mid table La Liga opponents.

I would put in both Puig and Arthur in the 2nd half.

Just don't playing Rakitic in away games.

Home of Barca Fans