Trincao (on loan)

behindbrowneyes

After having a great pre-season he disappeared a bit once the season started. After that reported pep talk from Koeman after the Cornella game to believe more in himself, he is showing signs of improvement and more and more looks like the Trincao of Braga.

Wouldn't say his finishing isn't that good. I'd even say it is decent. Many of his shots are well-placed, but he often has the problem that his shots get blocked by a defender last second. Of course he had his bad misses too, but who does not? I'd say his shooting is more accurate than Dembouz', who has a range from top-corner to parking area.

He is very good at dribbling in tight spaces, which is very important at Barcelona with many teams parking the bus. Of course he is not as fast as Dembele, but I don't think lack of pace is an issue as he is technically very gifted to beat defenders by skill. He is still notably faster than Coutinho, who definitely is too slow for a winger.

Joan

He's not dumb as a rock, like Halilovic. Would be a serious fail if he doesn't end up having a better career.

Messi983

I think he's more suited to play against "parked buses" than Dembouz. I would play him in most home games against easier opponents who are expected to sit back and use Dembele in away games when teams are usually more attacking and there is more space. Especially if we'll continue to play 3-5-2 in big games. Not sure about PSG game (for lack of CB options with Pique and possibly Araujo not available) but maybe in El Clasico when Pique will be back. Right now I'm not sure about using 3-5-2 against Atletico who will surely also sit back (even more so if that game will still have any importance in a possible title race). There are still two months until that game and a lot will change in that time so maybe I'll change my mind though.

I'd also like to see Trincao and Dembele both starting a few games with Messi and Griezmann upfront (or even both of them in a 4-2-3-1 with FDJ-Pedri behind them; anything to keep Busi out of the lineup I guess :lol: ). Despite scoring some goals Alba and our entire left side has not been that effective recently and when he and Dembele played together a few times they did well. They could expose the opponents with their speed and on the other side Trincao could cut inside (which he likes) while Dest would keep width. They'd probably also both benefit by having someone to play next to (or in front of) them instead of trying to do things on their own.

Rory

I like him the more I see of him. He's direct but not in a stupid way. Wrong-foots defenders for fun, always seems to manage to get a good technique in his shot

serghei

I think we should keep him, give him more minutes, and rule out a loan for next season.

Started the season hesitant, but I really like his shooting technique lately. He can smash it properly with clean technique and precision.

Home of Barca Fans