Rodrigo Moreno

Saladin

Surprised to see there's no thread about him, since we're pretty linked to him these days.

Here's hoping we never sign him, he looks like another Paco-signing. The incompetence of the current board is baffling at times. Get in Aubameyang for the same amount of money. A player that has more than double the goals-to-matches ratio than Rodrigo (who is nearly 29 years old).

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He's another mid-tier player that our board has chosen as distraction tactic... This guy is not nearly good enough, but we will end up signing him and then not playing him...

Eshez

Rodrigo's much better than Paco, at his best he's scored as many goals for Valencia whilst being a much more well-rounded player. But still, not sure he's a great fit here.

jairzinho

Not excited for this one. Probably small upgrade on Prince. I doubt he can make as good music video as Prince, though.

Doesn't have the same swag as Prince either.

But seriously didn't the board say they were in for a proven goalscorer? This guy hasn't even scored like four goals for the entire season.

FinBarcelonafan

Doesn't have the same swag as Prince either.

But seriously didn't the board say they were in for a proven goalscorer? This guy hasn't even scored like four goals for the entire season.

He fits exactly the same bill as Prince. Used to be good in LaLiga, not much today.

Andrew M

I think the guys doing recruitment like strikers who they think can play across the whole forward line.

As far as i'm concerned this is a pointless transfer that will not improve our chances of titles but let's not pretend that it is as bad as KPB

Richard.H

ESPN was laughing at this rumor and how much of a terrible fit he is for the club. I’m sorry, but if even ESPN can see it’s not good then there’s something seriously wrong with our board

Andresito

Staff member
Definition of panic buy without any planning whatsoever. I'd rather make due with what we have. Rodrigo isn't the difference between success and misery.

LABarcaFan

It will be a huge mistake if the board bring in Rodrigo. No quality strikers are available in January. We have to play Griezmann and Abel Ruiz at number nine (9) for the rest of the season and sign solid, long term replacement for Suarez in the summer.

Valencia is asking for 60 million euro for this piece of shit, who has scored just 2 goals in 18 matches as a central forward! Can you believe that? And Barto is ready to pay that much money to get him now, instead of waiting six more months and sign Timo Werner for the same price. If he bring Rodrigo, against the will of the fans, then we should start the campaign of sacking him and the entire board, ahead of their 2021 end.

Messi983

I would be much more in favour of signing Rodrigo if we wouldn't already have Griezmann and if Suarez would be healthy. I think he's a good player but not a goal-scorer we need. I wouldn't mind if we'd buy Rodrigo instead of Griezmann last summer and have used the money (a difference between Griezmann's and Rodrigo's transfer fees and in their salaries) to get De Ligt or another CB but now it doesn't make much sense having two players who are much better playing alongside a true #9. It looks like he's coming but I'll first wait to see what the deal will actually look like before saying whether it's really as bad signing as people say. I gave my full support to worse players than Rodrigo in the past so I'll support him as well though.

Also, with Rodrigo here I think Setien will stop using that stupid 3-5-2 and go to 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 so at least this should be a positive with his signing.

Gari

Rodrigo is in Barcelona to visit doctor Cugat, who's arguably the best doctor in the world of football. [cadena ser]
The player is visiting the doctor for a review of the knee injury he had. [onda cero]
He is also injured.

Home of Barca Fans