7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

JamDav1982

We'll probably sell him, or more likely: loan by the summer of 2023.

Can you imagine this team longterm with a winger who is not a winger?

Imagine if we really buy Haaland.
And then what, we will have Ferran on the wings to play counters with him?

I am not trolling, this guy is the biggest wtf expensive player in a lot of years.

Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann at least had some sense due to their form in their previous clubs.

This guy's only credentials are:
1. a friendly match vs Germany
2. a fact that Pep bought and misjudged him as a winger

Aye aye.

All while BBZ wont name a player thinks Barca should go for instead....

Same shite.

Lets see if you are right and in a years time he will be rated so lowly 'no one would pay 15m'.

Given you want Barca to be led by a spine of Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite a year ago let see how this prediction goes.

Andresito

Staff member
People are expecting him to be something he isn't. He's not a Robben, Salah, Ribery, Neymar type of winger to create from nothing.

He's a Pedro type, one who's a great complement to others around him. Put prime Pedro in this Barca side and people would shit on him as well.
Ansu, Ferran, Dembele looks good in theory. Unlucky that two of them are broken.

BBZ8800

Given you want Barca to be led by a spine of Mingueza, Coutinho and Braithwaite a year ago let see how this prediction goes.

Seriously, why do you have to mention this in every post?
In your last 3 posts on this page, in each post:
1. you mentioned players whom I liked and who failed
2. you mentioned players whom Malvolio liked and who failed
3. you mentioned players whom I liked and who failed again

We ALL do have some psychological issues, of course.
I am leaning towards being a contrarian and towards negative side of things.
A lot of users are leaning towards too much emphasis on hope/tomorrow/better future/youngsters/dreamland.
You have some issues with these lists where you follow and remember everything what anyone said.
Don't take the forum and arguing so seriosly, you are imo slightly too invested in it. Not only in Barca, but in eternal ego-fights with other users in: you said this, you said that.

Try to move away from forum, for example: get your eyebrows and fingernails done like Denis, get a new haircut like Riki, buy a new Armani purse like Riki etc.
Forget this nonsense and fights, enjoy in male-fashion, skin lotions, makeup and Instagram like modern kids :p kisses Jammie ;) :wub:

BBZ8800

Settle down. He'll be fine.

This is why I think he won't, the same as Frenkie:
For example, Frenkie, if we play 433:
CF = not good
LW, RW = not good
CM = not creative enough for Barca's type of football
A pivot = maybe, but his defending is suspicious, positioning is weird, aerial ability is meh, prone to errors which lead to counters
CB = so-so. Good at bringing the ball out from the back, meh at classical defending, bad in the air

So, even though Frenkie could play 3 positions (Cb, pivot, Cm) at 6.5/10 level, he isn't good at any of them.
At neither position he isn't any good than way cheaper versions.
Cb = is he any better than Lenglet or Garcia? No
Midfielder = is he any better than Nico, Gavi, Pedri? No

Now go to Ferran:
Cf = he could play there. But is he any better than even Braithwaite as a CF? and is that a standard which we are aiming for longterm, a striker who is similar to Braithwaite?
A winger = meh. Not good as a classical winger, midtable or Uefa cup level of a winger. Is that a standard which we are aiming for longterm if we ever want to get out of this hole?
A hybrid winger-Cf like Messi or Griezmann = meh in terms of creativity, good in popping a goal here and there.

Each player has it's own natural set of skills.
Arthur will never be a good creative passer, Busi will never be fast, Frenkie will never have ultra-creative in the attacking third, Neymar can't stop dribbling and doing circus tricks etc.

Ferran's natural skills are meh. He is not too fast or too good dribbler. His best trait is scoring a goal here and there.
But then, how will you build a team or tactics around that trait?
He is not good enough to warrant a change of our formation into 433 where a RW is the new Messi/Griezmann.
If we didn't change our formation to accomodate Griezmann or Coutinho who had similar problems (not having a clear position in 433), why on Earth should we change our whole team to accommodate this midtable level of a player?

So, the only options for him to make it here are:
1. suddenly turning into a good winger. But how, since he is not fast, he is a meh dribbler and he is usally a ghost who is not imposing himself during matches?
2. turning into an awesome no9. But how, since he scored 20 goals in his career till now? That is a move which midtable teams would do = relying onto meh player to turn into an ok-ish no9.

So, I am asking you and anyone who believe in him, HOW and WHERE will he make it?
He has exactly the same problems as Arda, Aleix Vidal, Coutinho, Griezmann.

Apparently we don't have money, and then we throw 65m down the drain for this player (which is like 80-90m in a normal era, since the prices are lower today due to Covid problems).
Why we bought him?
1. because Laporta has some weird obssession lately with Catalan or Spanish players
2. Xavi thinks that this is 2010 when a team filled with Spanish players can dominate the world with technique and smart movement
3. Xavi being the new Lucho who doesn't follow any players except from Spanish NT team, La Liga and former La Masia players

** I have read some rumors that Xavi also want fkng Grimaldo for 30m, lol.
Kill me please with this all-Spanish Barca.

xXKonan

Don't like how Xavi is using him, but the few moments he isn't isolated his movements have been pretty good.

Is he worth the fee? don't know time will tell I guess.

JamDav1982

BBZ... go after any young signing or young player coming through and write and essay on it.

While never mentioning who club should sign in his opinion.

Usual weasel nonsense.

Home of Barca Fans