7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

Windhook

Honestly I never hated any Barca player in their initial period (half a season let's say). That statement from BBZ has weird timing, I don't know where does this instant hatred originates. Ferran is a high IQ versatile forward who can play on all sides of attack. Now if we keep wetdreaming for the next Ronaldinho to pop up out of nowhere, boy, good luck being a Barca fan in the next 30 years.

Football has evolved since Messi's prime when he used defenders as training cones. We don't see that anymore, speedy wingers are utilized for their power only in open spaces on counter attacks, if anyone dribbles past 2-3 players is labelled the next Messi instantly.

JamDav1982

Torres could score/assist 30 odd goals and be an important player for Barca and BBZ would then change goal posts and start comparing his numbers to Messi.

Tale as old as time.

Loves LDJ and Braithwaite while hammering Messi/Torres etc.

Messigician

Honestly I never hated any Barca player in their initial period (half a season let's say). That statement from BBZ has weird timing, I don't know where does this instant hatred originates. Ferran is a high IQ versatile forward who can play on all sides of attack. Now if we keep wetdreaming for the next Ronaldinho to pop up out of nowhere, boy, good luck being a Barca fan in the next 30 years.

Football has evolved since Messi's prime when he used defenders as training cones. We don't see that anymore, speedy wingers are utilized for their power only in open spaces on counter attacks, if anyone dribbles past 2-3 players is labelled the next Messi instantly.

Because we haven't seen the next Messi DUH

2018 Neymar was using defenders as training cones too

Gnidrologist

This is why I think he won't, the same as Frenkie:
For example, Frenkie, if we play 433:
CF = not good
LW, RW = not good
CM = not creative enough for Barca's type of football
A pivot = maybe, but his defending is suspicious, positioning is weird, aerial ability is meh, prone to errors which lead to counters
CB = so-so. Good at bringing the ball out from the back, meh at classical defending, bad in the air

So, even though Frenkie could play 3 positions (Cb, pivot, Cm) at 6.5/10 level, he isn't good at any of them.
At neither position he isn't any good than way cheaper versions.
Cb = is he any better than Lenglet or Garcia? No
Midfielder = is he any better than Nico, Gavi, Pedri? No

Now go to Ferran:
Cf = he could play there. But is he any better than even Braithwaite as a CF? and is that a standard which we are aiming for longterm, a striker who is similar to Braithwaite?
A winger = meh. Not good as a classical winger, midtable or Uefa cup level of a winger. Is that a standard which we are aiming for longterm if we ever want to get out of this hole?
A hybrid winger-Cf like Messi or Griezmann = meh in terms of creativity, good in popping a goal here and there.

Each player has it's own natural set of skills.
Arthur will never be a good creative passer, Busi will never be fast, Frenkie will never have ultra-creative in the attacking third, Neymar can't stop dribbling and doing circus tricks etc.

Ferran's natural skills are meh. He is not too fast or too good dribbler. His best trait is scoring a goal here and there.
But then, how will you build a team or tactics around that trait?
He is not good enough to warrant a change of our formation into 433 where a RW is the new Messi/Griezmann.
If we didn't change our formation to accomodate Griezmann or Coutinho who had similar problems (not having a clear position in 433), why on Earth should we change our whole team to accommodate this midtable level of a player?

So, the only options for him to make it here are:
1. suddenly turning into a good winger. But how, since he is not fast, he is a meh dribbler and he is usally a ghost who is not imposing himself during matches?
2. turning into an awesome no9. But how, since he scored 20 goals in his career till now? That is a move which midtable teams would do = relying onto meh player to turn into an ok-ish no9.

So, I am asking you and anyone who believe in him, HOW and WHERE will he make it?
He has exactly the same problems as Arda, Aleix Vidal, Coutinho, Griezmann.

Apparently we don't have money, and then we throw 65m down the drain for this player (which is like 80-90m in a normal era, since the prices are lower today due to Covid problems).
Why we bought him?
1. because Laporta has some weird obssession lately with Catalan or Spanish players
2. Xavi thinks that this is 2010 when a team filled with Spanish players can dominate the world with technique and smart movement
3. Xavi being the new Lucho who doesn't follow any players except from Spanish NT team, La Liga and former La Masia players

** I have read some rumors that Xavi also want fkng Grimaldo for 30m, lol.
Kill me please with this all-Spanish Barca.
No.

BarcaOG

Banned
i like this cat.

i respect his wanting to come here while we are in trouble. it shows character

hope he continues to develop :)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

People are expecting him to be something he isn't. He's not a Robben, Salah, Ribery, Neymar type of winger to create from nothing.

I think this is the type of player we need. A guy who is fast, has a good ball control, is able to dribble 1-2 men and having at least average passing skills. When was the last time we had such a player beside Messi? Neymar in 2017?

malvolio

i like this cat.

i respect his wanting to come here while we are in trouble. it shows character

hope he continues to develop :)

it's not like he joined sevilla. all this bullshit about players doing us a favor coming here makes me nauseous.

they come to play for millions of dollars, in one of the best cities on the continent, for one of the biggest clubs around.

i'll never understand feeling sorry for footballers these days.

ferran torres is no mbappe or haaland, to snub a club like barcelona.

Andresito

Staff member
Nothing like Ziyech type of player.

Same goes for looks.

cope

blind

1334246170.0.jpg

01fqhdfb4vezrtk2kr9a.jpg

Home of Barca Fans