7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

ajnotkeith

He's a very good player, but I do question whether he is the profile we're looking for.

We lack a true 9, a reference point, who Depay is meant to be but can't. And lack speedy out and out wingers on the byline. Both of which Ferran doesn't really fit, though as I mentioned, he's not a bad player and would certainly contribute.

Ferran started as a wide midfielder, then became a right winger, and some here are proposing we bring him to score goals and be a 9. Far from his natural position and who knows, if we somehow have the money to sign him, we might be bemoaning that we signed the wrong profile again and we need a 9/fast winger.

Gari

Bar?a and Manchester City are close to reaching an agreement over Ferran Torres. Valencia will receive 10% of the transfer fee, and it is said to be just over 50 million euros.
????

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can play anywhere in the forward line, on either flank. Knows the league and will form part of a Barca spine even for La Roja for next several years - the on pitch chemistry he already has with Pedri is a thing of beauty and add Ansu we are talking about the sort of interplay we are sorely lacking

All we would need from there is to then add Adeyemi & RB should Dest fail to impress by June

Zidane82

Barcelona and Manchester City are close to an agreement for Ferran Torres. Valencia will receive 10% of the fee - reportedly just over 50 million euros. [@Generaldepie_]

Daisymorr

Barcelona and Manchester City are close to an agreement for Ferran Torres. Valencia will receive 10% of the fee - reportedly just over 50 million euros. [@Generaldepie_]

City getting the books in order for Haaland deal next summer. Sterling and Torres should cover most of it for FFP (not that its that strict)

iniestaGOAT

Bar?a and Manchester City are close to reaching an agreement over Ferran Torres. Valencia will receive 10% of the transfer fee, and it is said to be just over 50 million euros.

This is getting close? Is he any good? I am sure he has no speed the thing this team lacks.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
City might indeed be in pole position for Haaland but there is still the big question of pizza boy & his commission & fee demands that will never work in City's wage structure

That being said, I love the idea of Ferran - i love his versatility, his ambition and chemistry he already has with a few of our players

Catta

I like him as a player, but 50 mil seems to much. 35 mil should be the max price for him. We sold Pedro for 30, and Ferran is currently not better than Pedro was.

serghei

I like him as a player, but 50 mil seems to much. 35 mil should be the max price for him. We sold Pedro for 30, and Ferran is currently not better than Pedro was.

Yea, in 2015 :lol:

Even if 35-40 is his correct price, overpaying by just 10m is decent and reasonable in this market.

ajnotkeith

Finally someone bites for a loan+mandatory purchase option?

Not at all clear we have 50m to spend even with a delayed transfer.

It was only a few months ago we begged Pique for a paycut to register free agent signings Depay and Garcia. Due to our losses over this season and likely the next our salary cap will be very restricted. We are still over the wage limit and Ferran still has a wage to pay which must be incorporated with the 1:4 rule. City apparently offered him a new contract of over 100k a week a month ago so if this is possible at all he must make a great economic effort.

Messigician

" Both City and Pep refuse to sanction the Torres sale, the only offer was a Dembele swap which was swiftly rejected"
@esport3

Messigician

Stop believing this fucking bullshit

We don't have 50m PLUS his wages to register him in January this club has no fucking money

mc_lovin

We have some nice money going our way from Trincao and Griezmann in the summer right?

The Griezmann money is supposed to come in 2023.

But I guess we have cash either way, the La Liga FFP/salary cap is volatile and we put all our losses into this years account.

Home of Barca Fans