7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

Messi983

Yeah, I've added to my previous post I'm talking about next season as I think we'll look for short term fix in January and then plan on spending more money (if possible) next summer when we'll hopefully offload some more players to lower wages and sign new sponsorhip deals to bring more money to the club.

We can't afford to buy Ferran now (and probably won't be able to do that next year as well). As said I could see us arranging a future transfer in January (something we did with FDJ and Trincao) and maybe look to sign some players on expiring contracts as well (Boubacar Kamara would be nice imo).

And if we want immediate impact we can use a loan with obligatory buy but that's more likely for cheaper players in smaller clubs (like Arthur Cabral) than someone playing in a big club like Ferran.

Alongside finances a possibility of missing out on the CL football next season (I don't think it will happen but players/their agents might think different and we can't really blame them at this point) will probably be our biggest obstacle in trying to convince players to sign with us immediately rather than wait until the end of the season but either way we should stay in contacts with those players until they either come here or sign elsewhere. So from that standpoint continuing to win in La Liga and get into top 4 ASAP is also needed.

We should also play on other cards here. We can't compete with some other clubs financially but we can offer players a fair chance to get more playing time than they would get at City/PSG/Bayern and join a young core we already have at the club to try and get us back to the top. Surely some players will prefer to get more money or a chance to compete for titles immediately so they'll join other (richer and/or better) teams but I'm sure there are more players like Pedri out there who want to play for Barca, are available for relatively cheap, have enough quality and also the right mentality to help us get through this rebuild faster than most people think. We just need to find and sign them before they go elsewhere.

And Xavi might play a role here as well. Surely more teenagers/players in their early twenties have grown up as Messi fans and we'd have better odds signing them if he'd still be here but OTOH I think many have also idolised Xavi as a player and would like to play under him. Especially if he'll show a promise as a coach in coming months, make us play attractive football, win games and also develop younger players already at the club I'm sure this won't go unnoticed in football world so players/their agents would still consider Barca as an attractive club despite financial problems that won't go away soon.

Last edited:

Mateka

Something is taking place concerning Ferran Torres, exactly what, we have to wait and see.

Barcelona have a "total agreement" in place to sign Manchester City and Spain forward Ferran Torres, 21, but hope City will lower their asking price of 60m.GBP (Sport)

Or Pep
It’s not my business, you have to go to Txiki [Begiristain] or the agent of Ferran Torres, or Barcelona, I’m not the guy to talk about it. In six years I don't talk about these issues.

We call some players from other clubs when we are interested, so I completely understand. I would prefer not but it is what it is. We cannot control that and it depends on many, many things." MEN

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Bar?a and Manchester City are close to an agreement for the loan + obligation to buy of Ferran Torres. If nothing goes wrong, Ferran will join Bar?a in January. Laporta’s relationship with Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano has been crucial.

@mundodeportivo

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
With this board & rumour mill in modern game, difficult to gauge how likely a transfer can happen coupled with how Laporta et al have played their cards close in terms of player movements. However, it is clear that Torres is a target...and I am happy that he is

I use La Roja as the example but the chemistry he had with both Ansu & Pedri were quickly special and that should translate immensely at Barca. His versatility across the front line and ability to be a protagonist without fear in front of goal is sorely missing

Adeyemi would be the cherry on the cake IMHO, then they can look for a lateral to upgrade Dest

Messi983

That's for sure.

Also, I was thinking that likes of Ferran, Sterling and Martial are probably just a smoke screen for our true target.

skysports-jesse-lingard-manchester-united_5451267.jpg

:boss:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ansu - Torres - Adeyemi.

Would that be feasible for us in the summer?

Ojoooooo man Gerard Romero has gone from being a clown to the most reliable man all of a sudden. Man must be buddies with Alemany or Jordi Cruyff because he's always the first one to report something which is literally confirmed hours or a day later.

Anyway he said that Barca are working on bringing Adeyemi in the summer while this Ferran Torres move is planned for him to arrive now in January.

So it sounds like it's feasible, but Adeyemi might decide to go to Dortmund instead, or maybe PSG :shrug:

That would be quite an exciting front line though if it happens.

Home of Barca Fans