7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

akaranzo

Wow, this thread really puts into perspective just how short people's memories are :lol: a few months ago Torres was one of the most exciting attacking talents in the world, now suddenly 50m is ''way too much'' for him. He'd be worth every penny if we can by some miracle pull this off.

Mateka

Over at Mundo Deportivo, though, it is claimed that Barca will have just $18.5mn to spend in the upcoming winter market, which would somewhat limit their options in terms of the quality of player they could land. Forbes 5/10/21

If it is Torres, is it a loan, buy now pay later or player exchange?

City are short of strikers, so it does seem strange they would release Torres.

He is under contract until the summer of 2026.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Wow, this thread really puts into perspective just how short people's memories are :lol: a few months ago Torres was one of the most exciting attacking talents in the world, now suddenly 50m is ''way too much'' for him. He'd be worth every penny if we can by some miracle pull this off.

There is no unified opinion/swarm intelligence, you know? Different people, different opinions. That's the same shit BBZ tries to argue with. And just to be clear: Torres would be a decent transfer for depth. In my book we badly need two forwards anyway, but I wouldn't expect wonders from him. He's well rounded, but not exactly spectacular.

iniestaGOAT

There is no unified opinion/swarm intelligence, you know? Different people, different opinions. That's the same shit BBZ tries to argue with. And just to be clear: Torres would be a decent transfer for depth. In my book we badly need two forwards anyway, but I wouldn't expect wonders from him. He's well rounded, but not exactly spectacular.

Reports say the asking price is 60-80m. So buying him for depth is stupidity.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't mind Ferran Torres, but I really want a striker and a player like Adeyemi this summer too. Maybe Dembele is being a pain in the ass to renew even with Xavi publicly saying he want him to stay so they're making contingency plans.

Birdy

Some remarks:

1) Ferran as a striker >>>> Feran as a winger.

BEsides, I would not be so interested in Ferran as a winger, very meh without the speed/dribbling required

2) Yes his value went up at City, but no way up to the range of 50m
They bought him for around 20 m.
I would say 30-35 max nowadays.
If we pay more than that, City is robbing us

Home of Barca Fans