7 - Ferran Torres 5.0 Great White Shark Edition

Porque

Smart move if we were to get him at the reported price. If he can play on the left then it gives us great potential with he and Trincao.

Question for me though is would you prefer Ferran Torres or Adama Traore?

Messi983

Ferran no doubt. I think Adama would struggle a lot against teams sitting back.

Hope this news is true but I doubt with us already buying Trincao (and having needs at other positions) although we could loan him for a season to get more experience and adapt to La Liga. But Ferran at that rumoured price is too good of a market opportunity to not (try to) get him and buying two young wingers for 60-70m and see who of them will work out is a lot better than spending 100m+ on one winger. We could always sell one of Ferran/Trincao in a few years and recuperate most money if they won't develop as expected but if they would both turn out great this would be a very good problem to have.

Porque

My only concern is Trincao and Ferran's ages both being 20. A club like Barcelona can't rely on so much youth (add Ansu to the mix).

Adama on the other had is a great profile when you just need someone to get the ball and tear the opponent apart in the last 20/30s of a match, at the right age. As Braithwaite is hinting, we really need some raw pace and power.

IQ wise though I do worry the club de amigos would get frustrated (again) at his playing style. Does not suit the "get the ball and give it to Messi at all costs" tactics.

mc_lovin

My only concern is Trincao and Ferran's ages both being 20. A club like Barcelona can't rely on so much youth (add Ansu to the mix).

Adama on the other had is a great profile when you just need someone to get the ball and tear the opponent apart in the last 20/30s of a match, at the right age. As Braithwaite is hinting, we really need some raw pace and power.

IQ wise though I do worry the club de amigos would get frustrated (again) at his playing style. Does not suit the "get the ball and give it to Messi at all costs" tactics.

Adama would be expensive as fuck. We wont get established players for every position we need. We need to find some "hidden" champions, aka players in the 30-40ME range who can be at least very good squad players. Torres is an already established la liga player, we wont find anyone better (for less than 80ME).

Rory

Plus he more than likely retains his value and won't require silly wages meaning moving him on should he fail will be fairly easy. There's several purchases we could make this summer that would be less of a risk than normal; Sane for 60m-70m, if he totally failed would still fetch 50m although wages may be an issue. If Werner is really available for 60m he'd hold a lot of his value if all he did was get a handful of goals. Upamecano etc. Will be pretty pissed if we don't sign one of these guys

Messi983

Ferran is young but at the same time quite experienced already. He'll have around 100 games at the top level (La Liga, CL/EL, CDR) at the end of this season and he also has over 40 games for Spain youth teams.

As I've said many times I believe we should do a rebuild and all those young players should get enough minutes to prove their worth. Sure, for next season we can loan Trincao and keep Ferran, MB (I'd seriously consider keeping him if he'll play well for the rest of the season) and Fati as our wingers alongside Messi, Suarez and Griezmann. (I don't think we should spend 100m on Lautaro if we'll keep Suarez but we will so this probably means MB will be sold instead).

At this point I don't really care anymore if Messi and his amigos will get frustrated at young players making mistakes. They can seriously all just f*** off if they can't accept growing pains of youngsters in the team (and also for ignoring a certain player in the squad because they're mad we've signed him instead of bringing back their amigo). We should look to start building a post-Messi team and Messi should also accept that not every attack must go through him.

Also, I think Adama would be a much more frustrating player to play with for our seniors than Ferran. And as it was already mentioned he'd probably cost twice as much. So it's an easy choice for me.

mc_lovin

(I don't think we should spend 100m on Lautaro if we'll keep Suarez but we will so this probably means MB will be sold instead).

Disagree, we cant depend on Suarez next season, would be suicide. A strikerless setup (in case of injury) is shit - would rather see us play without wingers.

It will be such an interesting summer transfer window... I think we have a lot of potential to create a functioning squad in contrast to all the doom and gloom some predict.

Messi983

I agree we can't depend on Suarez but he'll be here like it or not and he'll still be a starter so Lautaro/whoever we'll buy will have to play out of position to accomodate him. We also have Grieizmann so he'd probably rotate with Lautaro at LW. :lol: That's why I'd prefer to not spend another 100m on a forward and rather improve other positions.

mc_lovin

I think Suarez has more self awareness than we expect, he even suggested our board to sign a young striker a year or two ago (at least he said so in an interview).

But who knows, its anyones guess how things will turn out with real competition.

Porque

Well I wouldn't go more than 50m for Adama which is over twice what Wolves paid. Whether Wolves sold is another question.

In regards to Ferran, there is also the option of that Trinket goes on loan to VFC if Ferran were signed. This board has a good relationship with Valencia.

Rory said:
Plus he more than likely retains his value and won't require silly wages meaning moving him on should he fail will be fairly easy. There's several purchases we could make this summer that would be less of a risk than normal; Sane for 60m-70m, if he totally failed would still fetch 50m although wages may be an issue. If Werner is really available for 60m he'd hold a lot of his value if all he did was get a handful of goals. Upamecano etc. Will be pretty pissed if we don't sign one of these guys

Werner as a goalscoring option on the AML moving into SS is a move I like. Not too hot on Upamecano compared to other CBs but we need a reliable option at a reliable price as Umtiti, Lenglet, Pique all need replacing. He's better than two of those.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Suarez has more self awareness than we expect, he even suggested our board to sign a young striker a year or two ago (at least he said so in an interview).

But who knows, its anyones guess how things will turn out with real competition.

He says we should sign a #9, but when we had Paco and he got subbed out for him for 10 minutes the dude started arm waving and bitching as he went off.

FC433

Smart move if we were to get him at the reported price. If he can play on the left then it gives us great potential with he and Trincao.

Question for me though is would you prefer Ferran Torres or Adama Traore?
I do not really believe that Adama would be good at Barca. We could do much better, I believe. I also cannot see him leaving for anything below 60m and that is a bit too much not only for him but also for Torres.

Torres seems like a very good player with excellent work rate. I just hope that he can play at LW.

Home of Barca Fans