Copa del Rey 2019-20

El Gato

Villarato!
I like this format better.

People slag off the Spanish federation for the money grab on Supercopa, while it actually gave us an incredibly entertaining Final Four style tournament and forced a change into a streamlined Copa format where big sides must put some effort in and never gamble with a team in a 1 game knockout.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The new format will see the big clubs losing money due to not hosting those home games. Not sure if or how RFEF will reimburse them.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The format change in Copa is good but Supercopa should have been reduced to one game too without semis and should have been played at the beginning of the season in Spain.

El Gato

Villarato!
The format change in Copa is good but Supercopa should have been reduced to one game too without semis and should have been played at the beginning of the season in Spain.

If it had been reduced to one game, they'd have no reason to change the Copa.

Atleti OUT :lol:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder how long Simeone can go with their declining performances. Mono Burgos his assistant will leave at the end of the season too. First time in his career he'll be without him as his right hand man.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Don't see any connection.
Copa format should have been changed long time ago without any influence from another cup or anything else.

Atletico out. Barca and Real struggled too. Big teams need to adapt now which is nice.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't see any connection.
Copa format should have been changed long time ago without any influence from another cup or anything else.

Easy to say. Copa format couldn't be changed without some kind of incentive for teams that don't get to host games in return legs, particularly those that make it furthest up in the competition. And probably for several other reasons.

Messi983

Leganes the only La Liga team who has advanced today.

16 remaining teams:

- 10 from La Liga: Barcelona, Osasuna, Sevilla, Bilbao, Valencia, RM, Granada, Villarreal, Sociedad, Leganes
- 4 Segunda A teams: Zaragoza, Tenerife, Mirandes, Rayo
- 2 Segunda B teams: Cultural Leonesa, Badajoz

Vilarrubi

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Simeone is the biggest Cule around.

- Gets Valverde sacked
- Loses to Eibar
- Loses in Copa so we avoid playing them

KingLeo10

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Simeone is the biggest Cule around.

- Gets Valverde sacked
- Loses to Eibar
- Loses in Copa so we avoid playing them

I want to believe this but then I'm reminded of the 4 successive CL eliminations at the hands of Real. Basically doormats.

:pique:

Home of Barca Fans