Valverde sacked!

FCBfan22

I just got back home. I'm looking out from my window at the Camp Nou, and I want to run naked into the camp and cry of joy.

What a day to be alive.

1. Open the window
2. Get your computer
3. Turn the volume to full
4. Blast this
[youtube]Udt-9J8nzGE[/youtube]

Raki13

Glad hes gone but thats another ridiculous appointment.
Another yes man for this board , sooner Guardiola is back the better.

sickstar

funny though team top of the table and manager sitll gets sacked.

Second this. Im not with valverde but its a weird timing. Yes barca has been defeated by the likes of levante or granada but theyre still the top of the table and qualify undefeated in ucl.

It would be normal if he was sacked after the anfield horror or after valencia defeat. But now of all time??
And dont hope setien could suddenly bring the team a ucl medal. Just hoping he could keep barca on the top of league untill end of season and at least not defeated the way EV was or even worse, the 0-7 two legs defeat against german champion. Not hoping too much.

Giginho75

I wonder...if you don't believe in EV anymore, then you had to sack him last summer.

Sincerely I don't understand the reasons to do it now, in january...with a Barca probably not so brilliant, but first in LaLiga and CL group.
Furthermore the team was with EV (mostly Leo) and there were no great coaches on the market.

Board talked with a lot of coaches before to signed Setien, 61 years, never been on a top team and never got great results (apart a brilliant way of playing with Betis).

I don't know...I have some doubt about the choice and the moment.
Anyway the football is unpredictable...good luck Quique.

LABarcaFan

Can you please post official Barca statement? Can’t find it

Open "Mundo Deportivo" or Diario Sport and You can read the new there. Tomorrow, Tuesday will be the official presentation of Setien. His agent was on 2 hrs. meeting today with the Barcelona management. It is official. He will sign a contract till July 30, 2022.

ryuken

The good thing is that we'll just have to wait till 2021 if Setian turns out to be a bust, the new board will kick in and so come new manager.

Home of Barca Fans