Quique Setien

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Poch might have told us no.

Setien deserves our full-fledged support until he proves us wrong.

I honestly doubt Poch would have rejected Barca especially with the rumoured salary Barca are paying managers. Seems he just wasn't approached. But I agree let's wait and see.

Not going to lie though , he does give me yes-man vibes like Valverde.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Setien is probably going to make way for Xavi or Koeman in the summer unless we win the CL or something.

shadows

I honestly doubt Poch would have rejected Barca especially with the rumoured salary Barca are paying managers. Seems he just wasn't approached. But I agree let's wait and see.

Probably his Pericos background ??

Raketa10

Fucking idiots! I am done with this club. Messi literally had ONE good coach his entire career. Setien?! For 2 and a half years?! If that's true we are the biggest idiots ever. :rofl1: Valverde was a "big name" in comparison to this joke of a manager!

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Probably his Pericos background ??

Pochettino told a small group of reporters in Qatar ahead of the Club World Cup final between Liverpool and Flamengo that he was recharging his batteries and aims to "be ready if something arrives and of course (I am) open to listen".

Latest interview if Im not mistaken. Im sure he wold have accepted a 2.5 year contract with the massive salary Barca is paying managers.

El Gato

Villarato!

Poch would have a far bigger ask, not just on salary.
Setien also is not an idiot to act as an interim fuckboy. Anybody with a brain would want at least some assurance that he won't be made rid of in summer time without at least some form of compensation. That's the whole point of this being the wrong time to sack a guy and start a new project - no one competent would agree to sign without basic terms, even for Barcelona. He's not that much of a bootlicker.

shadows

Fucking idiots! I am done with this club. Messi literally had ONE good coach his entire career. Setien?! :rolf:
Valverde was a "big name" in comparison to this joke of a manager!

What do you when no one wants to sign with this board who are as bad as they come? They really thought they had Xavi in the bag when they went about this plan until the refusal...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Setien is probably going to make way for Xavi or Koeman in the summer unless we win the CL or something.

Can’t see us sacking/removing him in summer simply for not winning the CL (or the league, since he only has 6 months on his tenure and came at mid-season), if we did offer him a 2 and half year contract.

The club probably doesn’t want to be seen firing someone that soon, unless of course if we do terribly bad under him, something close to the magnitude of the Liverpool debacle.

shadows

Can’t see us sacking/removing him in summer simply for not winning the CL (or the league, since he only has 6 months on his tenure and came at mid-season), if we did offer him a 2 and half year contract.

The club probably doesn’t want to be seen firing someone that soon, unless of course if we do terribly bad under him, something close to the magnitude of the Liverpool debacle.

Valverde didnt get fired after repeated CL humiliations..Doubt he is getting fired in this timeline :D

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Poch would have a far bigger ask, not just on salary.
Setien also is not an idiot to act as an interim fuckboy. Anybody with a brain would want at least some assurance that he won't be made rid of in summer time without at least some form of compensation. That's the whole point of this being the wrong time to sack a guy and start a new project - no one competent would agree to sign without basic terms, even for Barcelona. He's not that much of a bootlicker.

But thats exactly what I am saying. We are talking here about a rumoured 2.5 year contract. If it was a 6 month or a 1 year contract , I would have understood Poch not taking the offer.

To me it just seems a continuation of hiring yes-man , which Ratomeu loves to do.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fucking idiots! I am done with this club. Messi literally had ONE good coach his entire career. Setien?! For 2 and a half years?! If that's true we are the biggest idiots ever. :rofl1: Valverde was a "big name" in comparison to this joke of a manager!

Who did you want the club to hire, out of curiosity?

And why is Setien so terrible?

5ergio_Busquets

This guy wasn't good enough for Betis but he should be the one to take Barca to champions league glory, everyday Barto and his board prove their competence further.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People overreacting as usual. Contract length isn't even confirmed. Even if it is, the club might have an option out of it in case a better manager becomes available.

Home of Barca Fans