Quique Setien

JohnN

This intense training is dumb and stinks of mid table mediocrity.

Renowned hard man David Moyes came to United and ruined many of the players such as Van Persie with his brutal training methods.

Under 30 year olds fine this training can work well like Poch showed but once a certain age is reached it doesn't work anymore like spurs showed this season.

This type of training will kill Messi, Pique, Vidal etc. It's not sustainable in the long run and I am worried it may make Messi injury prone and accelerate the end of his career.

One of the best things about EV was that he got the best out of Messi and knew how to handle him and keep him happy.

Bait post. Good one!!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, the only upside of Messi eventually hanging up his boots and leaving us would be our fandom will be without all these blind Messi fanboys.

KingLeo10

Yeah, the only upside of Messi eventually hanging up his boots and leaving us would be our fandom will be without all these blind Messi fanboys.

He's not a Messi fanboy. He's a troll. I can't believe his 200 'Relax he's coming' posts in the Ney thread have gone without banning.

devo901

One of many reasons why Messi is such a horrible leader. Márquez, Puyol, Xavi etc. would never tolerate such complacency grow among the seniors/star players. They surely won't be able to fix the problem (as seen in 2007-08 season) but they won't also defend and justify a lack of intensity and hunger in the locker room and training. Messi is probably the greatest double-edged sword athlete in history:lol: He can be the reason why his team keeps winning but at the same time, he can also be one of the reasons why his team can't play more ambitious, hungry and dynamic football. Sadly, Ter Stegen and FDJ are probably the only captain materials left in the current squad. Suárez, Raki, Vidal must be sold in the summer and I hope the club signs real competitive players to send Busi, Roberto and Piqué to the bench (since these two won't be sold soon anyways).

I agree that Messi is not a leader (in the classic way, too shy/introvert ...), however blaming him, that the team is not ambitious, is a little bit to much .... at least for me. What would have Xavi done if Busi doesnt run more? Kick his butt; until he gets motivated? He knows that this does not work that way... Shouting in the lockerroom in front of everyone? Also not a fruitful solution....

I am not sure I understand "he can also be one of the reasons why his team can't play more ambitious, hungry and dynamic football." You mean his peeers are demotivated and reluctant to take on responsibility because they know "we still have Messi?" I do not agree with this view as this would mean Messi has to play worse otherwise he guilty in demotivating his peers? I mean that would not sound right?

KingLeo10

He is the Teflon Valverde of this forum , nothing sticks to him. No wonder he idolizes Valverde.

So you're telling me he'll go unbanned for humiliating himself in the Ney thread over and over but get banned over a meaningless jab in the Messi thread.

Checks out.

:mathieu:

George_Costanza

This intense training is dumb and stinks of mid table mediocrity.

Renowned hard man David Moyes came to United and ruined many of the players such as Van Persie with his brutal training methods.

Under 30 year olds fine this training can work well like Poch showed but once a certain age is reached it doesn't work anymore like spurs showed this season.

This type of training will kill Messi, Pique, Vidal etc. It's not sustainable in the long run and I am worried it may make Messi injury prone and accelerate the end of his career.

One of the best things about EV was that he got the best out of Messi and knew how to handle him and keep him happy.

You sound like one of them curlbros pussies at my gym. They have been training in my gym for over a year and look the exact same as they did back then. They just go through the motions, zero intensity, zero consistency, and the gym is like their social time for them. People like you really need a kick in the ass!

Messigician

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION], please ban this troll already.

EV got the best out of Messi? Lmao. Messi had scored 500 Barca goals before EV managed to luck into the Barca job.

Forum de amigos asking for bans instead of reading the post and responding to it logically.

Literaly gave examples of how intense training is bad for older squads and you don't respond to it instead you ask for a ban. Done interacting with you, welcome to the ignore list.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Forum de amigos asking for bans instead of reading the post and responding to it logically.

Literaly gave examples of how intense training is bad for older squads and you don't respond to it instead you ask for a ban. Done interacting with you, welcome to the ignore list.

You didn't give any examples though and you have no clue whether Moyes and Setien's training methods are similar. More intense than Valverde's trainings doesn't mean he's overtraining them. Ajax's training regime is not destroying the fitness of their older players, nor is Klopp's or Pep's.

Maybe if you didn't copy & paste what people on Twitter and other forums wrote and presented it as your own people would take you a bit more seriously. Alas.....

Messigician

You didn't give any examples though and you have no clue whether Moyes and Setien's training methods are similar. More intense than Valverde's trainings doesn't mean he's overtraining them. Ajax's training regime is not destroying the fitness of their older players, nor is Klopp's or Pep's.

Maybe if you didn't copy & paste what people on Twitter and other forums wrote and presented it as your own people would take you a bit more seriously. Alas.....

Reports state that Vidal and Pique are dead on their feet after 20 minutes.

People praising that like it's a good thing.

Moyes was known for this type of training and it killed his United squad.

snowy

That Moyes mofo was paranoid about Wilf happily cavorting with Ralph Lauren and kept him in shackles on the sideline as punishment for his penchant for high fashion!

Criminal!!!

MTL_Barca

Imagine shitting on a new coach after not even one week while idolizing Ernesto Valverde. You can't make these things up.

Riordon

For some reason I'm more excited now than when I first head the days we will get Setien. I really like the fact that he likes Puig and that he can help players like De Jong, Arthur and Firpo develop. Even if we get a new coach this summer, thats always something. And I have missed some nice football on Camp Nou. I dont expect trophies at all this season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Anyone with eyes could see how dangerously out of shape this team has been for years. We fade in intense/pressing games, got outran in distance covered by literally every other team in the UCL most notably in our horrible losses. Our team has been notorious for starting the 1st half of the season looking amazing, which made apologists forget about our spring season failures, and then come spring we would fade drastically yet again and the same people would be left baffled as to how it all went wrong.

Valverde was clearly so hands-off to the point that it was greatly detrimental to the team's intensity and focus. From the very first day, his handling of the team felt like every day "business as usual" just punch in, go through the motions, punch out, repeat. Very chill and comfortable, which is what the veteran players loved. I've seen more energy around the team dynamic in 1 week with Setien than I ever saw under Valverde, even at the beginning when he was first making his impression on the team and setting his status quo.

It's clear that Valverde was always just a chill, friendly guy who was very likable as a person. Even when he was just hired and everyone was doing articles/profiles on him, I clearly remember all the players just commenting on how great of a guy he was and how friendly/personable he acted, as well as his hobbies outside of coaching. Everyone from previous players he managed to current Barca players/staff/execs only ever comment on him being a good and friendly guy. Nothing about his keen football insight or tactics. Even after he's been fired and Messi/Pique/Suarez/etc. have been posting or talking about his great virtues, it was all about his personality. Dude was just a great friend, and that is where the club de amigos was born.

And I wasn't even that keen on Setien. Wasn't too impressed by his resume, wanted Poch instead. I thought at worst he could be like the JJ Abrams to EV's Rian Johnson and we'd become a different flavor of mediocre. However, the way he's handled the first week in terms of training, lighting a fire under everyone's ass and requesting "sacrifice" from the players has made a very good impression on me. Him not being afraid to change the status quo, bringing up Puig immediately and indicating he'd shift Griez to the middle and play Ansu, shows courage. He has clear, idealogical experiments he wants to try out and wants to give this team a real identity which we didn't have under EV whatsoever.

He still may not turn out to be brilliant but I definitely think he will make more of an impact on our performance than EV ever did, who just did everything as par for the course leading to a steady decline and buildup of complacency. Setien could still be the JJ Abrams to his Rian Johnson, or he could become Kasparov/Bobby Fischer personified as a football manager (yes chess metaphors for chess god Setien :lol:). Or he could be something in the middle. My bet though is he will be an improvement, and I've always believed it doesn't take much to turn this absolutely stacked squad into a truly potent CL contender.

Home of Barca Fans