Quique Setien

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can someone remind me why he was sacked by Betis?

Someone said Setien couldn’t handle pressure very well, any truth to it?

He will be under a lot more pressure and much more scrutiny with us than with Betis or any position he has held before.

serghei

I am very happy for him. Always liked him. And he has a great shot. Even if he only stays 6 months he has a good chance to knock out Napoli and play a CL quarters. Depending on the draw, he can be, with some luck, in a position to play out a tie for a CL final.

He will be under a lot more pressure and much more scrutiny with us than with Betis or any position he has held before.

Because they are idiots. You don't fucking fire a manager who beat all of Barca, Real Madrid and Atletico in a single season with a vastly inferior team unless you are dumb.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Results in the second half of the season got bad. Some argue it's because Betis didn't get him the players he wanted or needed, like an actual striker that could score goals. He then called out his fans who were protesting against him and the upper management for not supporting him.

terryzinc

how much of change can he bring at mid-season
he has a much different philosophy than Valverede but it's midseason he has no time to put his philosophy into place and to have players learn it by playing

he has nothing to lose the only way he keeps this job is a CL win ... maybe needs La Liga too... he will go for it

serghei

how much of change can he bring at mid-season
he has a much different philosophy than Valverede but it's midseason he has no time to put his philosophy into place and to have players learn it by playing

he has nothing to lose the only way he keeps this job is a CL win ... maybe needs La Liga too... he will go for it

We'll see. Has a tough job, but a lot of the players we have respond to his style well by default.

This is already different than Valverde, the type of tactics he describes. Overloads, central combinations, more complicated movement sequences. Arthur and De Jong can benefit form that sort of stuff.

[youtube]cYXoETrH5L0[/youtube]

shadows

Better than Valverde till 2022.. Anything is an upgrade over the dull and lifeless football we played...I look forward to watching Barca for a change after a year or so!!

Now if he can rid of Rakitic Busquets Pique Suarez and bench a few other seniors by next season, he has me sold !!

serghei

Well, 6 months contract would've been stupid and insulting a bit. But anyway, it doesn't mean that if the contract is for 2 years he can't go sooner if he doesn't deliver.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, 6 months contract would've been stupid and insulting a bit. But anyway, it doesn't mean that if the contract is for 2 years he can't go sooner if he doesn't deliver.

True, I just hope we will be a lot more decisive next time if we need to sack someone, and with much better planning…

Home of Barca Fans