Defence

Mats
Semedo--Pique--Lenglet--Alba
Arthur--De Jong
Dembele--Griezzmann--Ansu
Messi

El Gato

Villarato!
I say to my dear Forum de Amigos members to stop replying to BBZ. We will sink like Titanic anyway. Let's enjoy the few months we have left supporting a team without Valverde.

INB4 you win Copa Del Rey, come close 2nd in the league and narrowly lose in the CL semifinal prompting the board to give Setien another season and making you miss out on a bunch of managers in the summer.

:crbust:

serghei

INB4 you win Copa Del Rey, come close 2nd in the league and narrowly lose in the CL semifinal prompting the board to give Setien another season and making you miss out on a bunch of managers in the summer.

:crbust:

I just wanna enjoy watching us play. Winning titles playing ugly just doesn't do it for me.

FinBarcelonafan

One thing I like about him. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder and ready to prove everyone wrong. We need someone with ambition and with good work rate to get this team going again.

serghei

Give Setien a 5 year deal man.

Nah, even if he does great he won't last more than 2-3 seasons. Lifespan for a Barca manager these days is 2-3 seasons and that's if we win big titles.

One thing I like about him. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder and ready to prove everyone wrong. We need someone with ambition and with good work rate to get this team going again.

He's an idealist. These types either fail miserably very fast or reach great things. He might be more different to EV in terms of character and personality than people think.

I have my doubts in regards to him being able to manage big egos and superstars, but every obstacle can be overcome if he has what it takes.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Funny seeing some journalists come out of the woodwork and are putting very high expectations on Seiten while originally giving Valverde a free pass on shit.

Valverde not playing the likes of Puig and unwilling to take gambles on certain players? nah that's fine.

Seiten, on the other hand, must start playing the likes of Puig and the others Valverde didn't want to use or else he will be a failure!

That shitty logic.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Funny seeing some journalists come out of the woodwork and are putting very high expectations on Seiten while originally giving Valverde a free pass on shit.

Seiten pn the other hand must start playing the likes of Puig and the others Valverde didn't want to use or else he will be a failure!

That shitty logic.

Who says that?

I would imagine they'd mostly be stating he shouldn't do worse than Valverde i.e. win the league + Copa.

serghei

Who says that?

I would imagine they'd mostly be stating he shouldn't do worse than Valverde i.e. win the league + Copa.

In terms of results for me his objectives are:

1. Not worse than 40 points in the last part of the season (even though we lost our 2nd scorer for the season). If we can do better than Ernie's 1st part of the season it would be very good.
2. At least a QF in CL, and with a good draw a SF becomes an objective.
3. Deep run in Copa del Rey and win it if possible. Should play the final if we avoid Madrid.

That, coupled with better football for the team, and the sensation that the team is improving and developing as times goes by (basically the reverse of Ernie Barca which got worse with each passing season), would be enough.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Who says that?

EV has only one Copa though.

btw with Copa's changed format it has become easier to get knocked out for bigger teams I think. Anything can happen in a single match, over two legs the bigger teams outclass others.

El Gato

Villarato!
EV has only one Copa though.

So it's unreasonable to expect him to win it with a qUaLItY tEaM?

I'm kinda playing devil's advocate naturally, but I would imagine no journalists would be saying he needs to do the opposite of EV in terms of who he plays. It's only what he should aim to achieve if we're supposed to believe he's in it for longer than 6 months. If his ethos is supposed to cause better football, then for all intents and purposes he should not end up any lower than EV did playing shit football. At least in points tally. Though he does get a bit of leeway given Suarez is out, but with Griezmann slotting in at striker and Fati supposedly being good enough to play LW (in rotation with anybody else) it's not much of an excuse.

xXKonan

Who says that?

I was more or less taking a Jab at Francesc Aguilar who is currently being raked to the coals right now with his tweet.

SeloBarca

I have absolutly 0 demands on Setien for titles this year.
All i want for the team this year is to return to the Barca way of playing football.

Raketa10

[tw]1217143295782150144[/tw]

His assistant seems to be quite the fiery lad.

Great! Finally someone with attitude. Just look at those players they are moving like a 50y old veterans. They really need a kick in their ass!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans