Quique Setien

Tackle

I liked Enrique.

He was blessed with a much better squad than EV, but he certainly did do things EV and especially Setien would never try.

-Moving Xavi to the bench
-Putting in Umtiti for Masche
-Benching Pique and Rakitic at times
-Putting the crybaby Alba in his place

jairzinho

He was blessed with a much better squad than EV, but he certainly did do things EV and especially Setien would never try.

Correct.

If you followed Lucho's career, the guy wasn't a punk at all. The dude always kept it real.

He kept that edge even as coach.

khaled_a_d

Lucho just set up the midfield terribly in that season. Basically a gaping hole in the middle and midfielders playing very wide. People were bashing him like crazy here and were thanking the heavens when EV was signed lol.

Just because he had a bad season as a coach doesn't mean he was exposed. Lucho set our midfield well in 1st 2 seasons when Messi was RW, once he went to middle again their was never going to be a good midfield for Barca, you sacrifice Rakitic to cover for Messi and end up with just 2 midfielders.

You know it's gonna be

LOUIS VAN GAAL's RED(and blue) ARMY

On a very serious note, I would really love him back as a consultant to the board.
LVG is one of the greatest minds ever. The number of his former players/assistants who became successful coaches are great. Lucho/Pep/Mourinho and way more.
He can take that side kick role that Crujif made with Laporta.

soul24rage

+1

khaled_a_d

I think it?s a real possibility we may turn into AC Milan after their 30+ side basically retired after 12/13 season. They have been irrelevant for nearly a decade now after being at the top for so long.

Milan retooled and won the league in 2011, and competed for 2012 title (lost with 4 points margin) and then sold Ibra and T.Silva and replaced them with Balotelli. Their ownership stopped investing in the team afterwards
It wasn't until 2017 they paid more than 20M for a player. Same year Berlusconi sold the club.

We are in good financial situation, better than most pessimistic fans think. La Masia still decent, have few young players to build around, few starters to ease transitions too.

We won't be new Milan. It will take a big fuck up from next board to reach that level.

Barcilliant

Barca are looking for Setien's replacement. The club have already contacted some former Barca coaches. [@_AdrianSnchz]

Expectation: Pep

Reality: Tata :lol:

Rijkaard for me. Very underrated and kicked off our success. I doubt any manager can do anything with this squad though. You can't make a diamond out of cow dung.

KingLeo10

Milan retooled and won the league in 2011, and competed for 2012 title (lost with 4 points margin) and then sold Ibra and T.Silva and replaced them with Balotelli. Their ownership stopped investing in the team afterwards
It wasn't until 2017 they paid more than 20M for a player. Same year Berlusconi sold the club.

We are in good financial situation, better than most pessimistic fans think. La Masia still decent, have few young players to build around, few starters to ease transitions too.

We won't be new Milan. It will take a big fuck up from next board to reach that level.

Fans are so spoiled by past 15 years.

We're among the top 3 richest clubs in the world.

Are not in danger of finishing 3rd or lower in LL anytime soon, even without Messi.

vegitot

If club contacts with former coach then i hope Lucho will get it. He is the most suitable now given his situation as well (spain's coach but no international football for a while) and he has ball to rebuild the team.

Pep is impossible, Van Gaal is quite old and im not sure he can get along with players especially Messi, Suarez, Pique...

Ascom

Francesc Gallardo(editor of mundo deportivo and one of the jourbalists with more contacts everhwere in the world) said xavi accepted to come next year.

Tackle

Francesc Gallardo(editor of mundo deportivo and one of the jourbalists with more contacts everhwere in the world) said xavi accepted to come next year.

I think you're referring to Francesc Aguilar. I don't believe he works for MD anymore and is unreliable as it gets. He frequently spews all sort of rubbish to keep his name relevant. If he's claiming it, then there's 0% chance Xavi joins us this summer. :lol:

Maybe the broken clock is right this time, but I highly doubt it.

vegitot

Liga is gone now only UCL available.

If Setien is still in charge of this team then it is impossible.

Players dont want to play for him and vice versa (look at the way he uses his subs and his expression before, during and after the match). He is clearly tired of coaching this team (not his fault).

New coach is needed for UCL (eithet Xavi or Pimienta). Not really about tactic but unite the whole team to win.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Liga is gone now only UCL available.

If Setien is still in charge of this team then it is impossible.

Players dont want to play for him and vice versa (look at the way he uses his subs and his expression before, during and after the match). He is clearly tired of coaching this team (not his fault).

New coach is needed for UCL (eithet Xavi or Pimienta). Not really about tactic but unite the whole team to win.

No matter who is the coach, we need a massive luck going our way. We will be ran over by City/Bayern heck maybe even The Italian team with good offense and PSG.

Even Real played two great matches vs us this season. There's almost no teams we are favourite vs.

vegitot

No matter who is the coach, we need a massive luck going our way. We will be ran over by City/Bayern heck maybe even The Italian team with good offense and PSG.

Even Real played two great matches vs us this season. There's almost no teams we are favourite vs.

Only one match per round this season so of course if the whole team unite and with luck we can win it.

But not under Setien. He and players can not be together

FinBarcelonafan

Only one match per round this season so of course if the whole team unite and with luck we can win it.

But not under Setien. He and players can not be together

Yeah I think it's better for us and no away game where we always get crushed (tough to comeback).

Home of Barca Fans